WWE should cancel Smackdown

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Smackdown was once a better show than Raw... back when they actually gave enough of a shyt about it to not blatantly treat it like the B-show. But that was a long time ago- when Lesnar, Angle, Taker, Benoit, Guerrero, Edge, Cena, Mysterio, and others were on it while Raw consisted of HHH feuding with the last remnants of WCW. Like 9 years ago. What SmackDown is in 2012 is a place to have longer matches and debut people who'll get moved to Raw if they get over. And now that Raw is three hours and the brand split has pretty much ended, Smackdown is damn near useless.

Smackdown in 2012 is like WCW Thunder: You saw everything relevant on Monday night, and now here's a couple decent matches and a bunch of shyt that nobody cares about. It's just "cooler" for people to say it's the better show no matter what they put on it. They could have a Drew McIntyre main event push, Great Khali/Hornswoggle skits, and six consecutive weeks of Alex Riley vs. Jinder Mahal, and muhfukkas would still say that shyt was the better show.

Unless they're gonna merge the brands officially, move SD to a better channel, move SD to a better day of the week, and use it as a second show for the overall product like they did from '99-'02... there's no real NEED for it at this point.

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Smackdown has always consistently been better. Since the end of the Monday Night Wars, imo the best era of WWE was Smackdown from 02 to early to mid 2003 was the best era of WWE after the Monday Night War. Especially during the Smackdown 6 feud between Eddie & Chavo vs. Angle & Benoit vs. Edge & Mysterio was the last time the tag titles meant something and imo was comparable if not better than the TLC matches between E&C vs. Dudleys vs. Hardyz if you want in-ring wrestling classics.

NovaKane

Swazy
Daps
Raw is weed plate status most of the time :childplease:

SmackDown had the drop on Raw for the longest.

The last SD show that was live straight shytted on Raw that week :youngsabo:

PopOnCloud9

All Star
Daps
For real tho Smackdown has not been the same since Edge retired.

If Edge didn't retire, The Hall of Pain and The Yes! Movement may have never took off on SmackDown. When the E is desperate they take beneficial risks. The Fella Era isn't too bad, but when you gotta defend the strap against a dude like Del Rio who is stuck in booking purgatory......you're reign would look pretty bland as well.

I would love to say they could form a new SmackDown Six with Sheamus, Orton, Bryan, Henry (If he ever heals up), Rhodes and Ziggler. Then move they should move Christian to the midcards, since they'll never let him have a legit WHC run anyway. Then let Christian, Sandow, Ryder, Miz, Kidd, Kofi, Truth, Ryback and a few FCW cats with potential fuel the midcards. The thing is with erratic booking and the WWE style of wrestling this may tank very fast.

Fellatio

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its not 2002, its time they canned it. Or atleast had it in the same city an hour before

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I liked Hall of Pain and enjoy Bryan but there's no denying that Smackdown fell apart in 2011-2012...it's OK now but being better than RAW at this point isn't exactly hard.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Last time SD was strong was 2009 with Punk, Jeff Hardy, Taker, Jericho, Batista, Mysterio, Morrison, Ziggler, etc... but I don't see where SD is that great at this point. Even on weeks where Raw is weak, I don't see SD just leavin' it in the dust especially not now, when the same people are on Raw anyway.

Raw gets the bad rep but SD is where all kinds of unover dudes got decent pushes to no avail, where Chavo feuded with Hornswoggle for months, all kinds of wackness... am I the only one seein' these things? It's a little more wrestling-based, but there's a fair share of disposable stuff on there.

Squirtle

Supreme Chancellor
Daps
Reppin
New York
shyt is terrible.

The reason they created Smackdown in 1999 was because WWE was so red hot that the fans were craving for more airtime and stories. Thus, they created Smackdown then they of course used it as a 2nd brand in 2002

But in 2012, the show is FCW status. Sheamus is the focus and he's trash (as a face), ADR seems to be the main heel and he's poop, Ryback seems to be their future b-team main eventer, and Antonio Cesaro is quite boring (claudio is not)

Now that we live a technogical world, i think there is plenty to do and watch until Raw comes on again in 7 days. WWE already has plenty of webshows and an interactive website.

I mean, the whole world was waiting to see if Punk is heel again and he wasnt even on Smackdown, shyts pointless

Raw 3 hours, combine the brands, trim the fat, cancel smackdown, put all the writers on one show and we got success

Besides the Sheamus part, its crazy how things can change