X Men: Days of Future Past Might Be the Most Unexpectedly Great Comic Book Movie Ever

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember the hype for this was mostly :yeshrug: when it was announced. The MCU was on a roll and a lot of people were hoping they’d take X Men from Fox. First Class was good and it took the X Men franchise off life support after Wolverine Origins and The Last Stand but most people weren’t too excited with Singer and the original cast coming back, especially with Singer’s last comic book film being boring Superman Returns. Plus you still had Simon Kinberg who wrote The Last Stand coming back as the writer which made the bad buzz even worse. Then those photos of Quicksilver came out and people started clowning the hell out of this, expecting it to bomb.
quicksilver-shows-off-powers-in-x-men-days-of-future-past-clip-preview.jpg

First trailer was :yeshrug: decent but a tad over dramatic, and didn’t seem all that different stylistically from the previous X Men films.

Second trailer was :ohhh: okay this actually looks pretty good and at least visually interesting

Third trailer was :whoo: okay they actually have some decent humor in this and a sense of fun to go along with the dark story and action.

So I went into it with average expectations, then when the opening credits hit with the X2 theme that’s when I started getting that “okay this movie might be on to something” feeling

Then once that opening scene hit where they all get murked I knew I was in for a great movie

Fox’s X Men franchise is a mixed bag with some terrible lows but Days of Future Past was the highlight for me. This is a legitimately great movie and one of the best comic book films of all time imo. The low expectations people had for it made it hit even harder

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I respect it for the ending conflict not being a huge explosion or city destruction but whether or not to shoot someone.

Very City on the Edge of Forever

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Lol there was mad buzz for that flick based on the news the old and new cast would all be in it. Then you add the storyline and fans affinity for the cartoon version, come on ppl were losing their shyt.

Last edited:

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol there was mad buzz for that flick based on the news the old and new cast would all be in it. Then you add the storyline and fans affinity for the cartoon version, come on ppl were losing their shyy.

Nah people were lukewarm about Singer, Superman Returns was a disappointment and i think his last movie before DOFP was that jack and the beanstalk bullshyt. And the photos of Quicksilver were really badly received especially compared to the MCU Quicksilver. I just don’t remember this having great buzz initially especially from the comics community who had a hard on for everything MCU.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Singer is incapable of making two great comic book movies in a row

X Men :ehh:
X2 :blessed:
Superman Returns :ld:
Days of Future Past :blessed:
Apocalypse :scust:
He just seems unreliable. As a person and director. Reading about him having a history of just taking off during shoots is crazy.

He's a mixed bag in general. Usual suspects though :wow:

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
Huh? The movie had crazy hype. People call X2 an all time great comic book movie and First Class had pushed the series in a great direction. Did you just make up shyt to make this thread :gucci:

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Even the hype ad campaigns for this was sick. They had posters of the sentinels in the streets and shyt. Movie was a classic IDGAF.

x-men-days-of-future-past-poster.jpg

The cool reference in the airport in Logan....but shyt man what a letdown its sequel was....fukk man Apocalypse from the cartoons was EPIC....his speeches the whole 9. Just fukking terrible.