Xbox Series X/S detailed specs confirm Wi-Fi 5, no USB-C

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Xbox Series X/S detailed specs confirm Wi-Fi 5, no USB-C

Xbox Series X/S’s hardware specs may be cutting edge, but some of its I/O options are outdated.

Microsoft has officially published detailed specs of both Xbox Series X and Series S, revealing certain specifics that don’t typically get mentioned in trailers.

More specifically, the spec sheets confirm that both next-gen Xbox consoles are equipped with an 802.11ac dual band Wi-Fi antenna, which means they’re both rated for the Wi-Fi 5 spec, rather than the faster, modern Wi-Fi 6. This is the same spec being used with the Xbox One X/S, and Sony’s PS4 Pro.

In other words, it’s the current-gen standard of Wi-Fi, not the upgraded next-gen standard. This is a bit disappointing, particularly given the forward-looking specs of Series X, and Series S to a lesser extent.

The spec sheets also confirm that both the Xbox Series X and Series S each have three USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports, killing the hopes of many who wanted a USB-C port. USB 3.1 Gen 1 is just a different name for the standard USB 3.0, with a 5Gbit/s data rate, and up to 500MB/s transfer speeds.

Though the difference in speed is appreciated, it won’t matter too much given that both consoles have a propriety expansion port for NVMe SSDs that match the speed of the internal drive. You will still be able to use standard USB drives when playing current-gen games, or to simply backup next-gen games you’re not currently playing, but next-gen games can only be played off the ultra-fast new SSDs, whether internal or external.

Xbox Series X/S launch November 10, and our pre-order guide will help you secure a unit at launch.

Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.
Link:
Xbox Series X/S detailed specs confirm Wi-Fi 5, no USB-C - VG247

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Most people don't aren't even getting 1 gig speeds from the theoretical 3 they can get with WiFi 5, so they definitely won't be getting 9 with 6.

The biggest benefit is being able to have a ton of devices hooked up with WiFi 6. You won't see an increase to gaming speed or connectivity.

It would have been nice to have 1 usb C port somewhere. But since I have a bunch of old arcade sticks and peripherals. 3.1 is allows me to continue to use those which is super important for me

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Most people don't aren't even getting 1 gig speeds from the theoretical 3 they can get with WiFi 5, so they definitely won't be getting 9 with 6.

The biggest benefit is being able to have a ton of devices hooked up with WiFi 6. You won't see an increase to gaming speed or connectivity.

It would have been nice to have 1 usb C port somewhere. But since I have a bunch of old arcade sticks and peripherals. 3.1 is allows me to continue to use those which is super important for me

Had this been Sony this grifter would a made another one of his dumb ass threads

:camby:

Sickening