xXx: Return of Xander Cage Trailer

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
The fact the studio dumped it in January instead of summer should let you know how they feel. Sorry but "XXX:State of the Union" basically killed the franchise (I love you Ice Cube but no, lol). LOL @ Sam being in all 3 movies, he will never turn down a check. Sorry Vin, but this sequel is about 12 years late. The only reason people accepted him back for Fast and Furious is because "Tokyo Drift" basically ended the franchise at that point. I saw the trailer and it felt like wait for video and I Love Vin.

But he's been doing some average work outside of F&F (The Last Witch Hunter, really Vin?, lol). Again I'm happy he's focused more on action cinema but revamping old franchises like this ain't the answer. It's not like people even liked "XXX" like that to the point they are asking for a trilogy. The first one was only a success because he was coming off F&F it wasn't even all that good. If he's going to do keep doing old franchise than he should stick with Riddikk and continue to expand it because Honestly I'd take another Riddikk Sequel over this.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
The fact the studio dumped it in January instead of summer should let you know how they feel. Sorry but "XXX:State of the Union" basically killed the franchise (I love you Ice Cube but no, lol). LOL @ Sam being in all 3 movies, he will never turn down a check. Sorry Vin, but this sequel is about 12 years late. The only reason people accepted him back for Fast and Furious is because "Tokyo Drift" basically ended the franchise at that point. I saw the trailer and it felt like wait for video and I Love Vin.

But he's been doing some average work outside of F&F (The Last Witch Hunter, really Vin?, lol). Again I'm happy he's focused more on action cinema but revamping old franchises like this ain't the answer. It's not like people even liked "XXX" like that to the point they are asking for a trilogy. The first one was only a success because he was coming off F&F it wasn't even all that good. If he's going to do keep doing old franchise than he should stick with Riddikk and continue to expand it because Honestly I'd take another Riddikk Sequel over this.
It's not like he's tryna win an Oscar though, breh is just doing what he wants and eating well I gotta salute him for that :salute:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

I'd agree on the January thing if this were 3 or 4 years ago but studios don't feel like it's just a dumping ground anymore. They're understanding that blockbusters or potential blockbusters can drop year round now and there's not enough space in the summer or spring so you gotta do what you gotta do. If it can be the one big movie dropping in January that's great for them and great for the movie financially. Consumers don't care when something comes out if it looks enticing or stars people they like.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Why you keep bringing up riddikk when there already set to start filming in Jan or feb?

People love xxx because of the fukery, it's clear their pandering to fast/fur fans

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Look I never knock the hustle, Vin can do what he wants, I'm a huge fan. I just don't like his last two film choices with the Witch film and the xXx sequel. But he's dropping this and Fast 8 3 months later. The movies are looking too simular now. Well see what happens, I could be wrong and it actually be a good sequel. I like that Tony Jaa and Donnie Yen are in it. But the trailer didn't do it for me. Also there's rumors that they spent BIG money on the budget. Sure Fukkery can sell me on movies certain times which is why I've put up with the Transformers series. But it doesn't 100% sell me like that anymore. The question I had to ask myself is do I want to see Cage on another adventure? I guess I would say I wouldn't mind but I'm not begging for it. It looks too much like a Fast and Furious sequel.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Look I never knock the hustle, Vin can do what he wants, I'm a huge fan. I just don't like his last two film choices with the Witch film and the xXx sequel. But he's dropping this and Fast 8 3 months later. The movies are looking too simular now. Well see what happens, I could be wrong and it actually be a good sequel. I like that Tony Jaa and Donnie Yen are in it. But the trailer didn't do it for me. Also there's rumors that they spent BIG money on the budget. Sure Fukkery can sell me on movies certain times which is why I've put up with the Transformers series. But it doesn't 100% sell me like that anymore. The question I had to ask myself is do I want to see Cage on another adventure? I guess I would say I wouldn't mind but I'm not begging for it. It looks too much like a Fast and Furious sequel.

They want that fast money

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I'd agree on the January thing if this were 3 or 4 years ago but studios don't feel like it's just a dumping ground anymore. They're understanding that blockbusters or potential blockbusters can drop year round now and there's not enough space in the summer or spring so you gotta do what you gotta do. If it can be the one big movie dropping in January that's great for them and great for the movie financially. Consumers don't care when something comes out if it looks enticing or stars people they like.

Pretty much. In fact, this shyt would probably get washed if it dropped in the ever increasing crowded summer season.