Y'all remember Corey Hill, right (Silva related)

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
He was the original guy who broke his tibia/fibia bone in the same way Anderson Silva did

Screen-Shot-2014-01-01-at-12.11.54-PM.png

Well he's discussing what the process he had to go through after the surgery. Myself and others on this site have had similar injury and the same surgery, so some of us can relate.

Just thought it was an interesting read:

I sympathize for what [Silva] is going through, and what he is going to go through. MMA fans aren’t the nicest people out there. We dealt with so many people sending us messages via Facebook, cards. Some people were happy. ‘That’s what you get, man! You broke your leg!’ It’s like, how cruel can people be? You can’t jog for long. When it gets cold, it rains, it’s crazy. You always hear old people talking about, ‘I know it’s going to rain, I can feel it in my joints.’ I feel it. It gets too cold man, you can’t run. Because that rod, something happens to it, I feel the pressure as I run. I feel that rod going up into one of my bones. So instead of being the old Corey where I just run through it, tell me body to shut up, now I get on the bicycle. The minute [Silva] broke his leg, I remembered ice and elevation and bed sores. You can’t move. You’re immobile. You pretty much live your life on pain pills as best as possible. It’s just an absolute, indescribable feeling. It sounds weird, but until this happened to Anderson, to be honest with you, man, it almost sounds crazy, but I was embarrassed. You get so embarrassed. Everywhere you go, you’re the guy who had the broken leg. It’s scary sometimes. It doesn’t stop everybody I fight from kicking that leg. It doesn’t stop everyone from going after it. That’s part of what we signed up for. And you know that going into it. You know, the first thing this guy is going to do, he’s going to kick your leg.”

- See more at: http://www.bjpenn.com/corey-hill-discusses-anderson-silvas-leg-break/#sthash.NjTjhmLF.dpuf

I think Anderson could actually come back but it will take AT LEAST a yea. You can never question someones will and desire though, and Silva being in as good of shape as he was will help the healing process.

He will definitely have to watch his diet and stay in as much shape as possible during the next year though, because the running, jumping, kicking, etc., that he was doing before is definitely going to be a process in his return.