Yall Should Check Out Gil's Arena(Gilbert Arenas Youtube Sports Show)

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Im really liking it, especially compared to the other sports shows that's mostly debate shows. It's like barber shop talk with former players/sports related people.
The main mics seem to be Gilbert Arenas, Rashad McCants, Brandon Jennings and the high yella dude plays a good moderator. Miko Grimes and Kenyon Martin show up too.

They cover recent sports news, they also shoot the shyt and just having fun. Their takes doesnt come off as combative shyt, but barbershop fun stuff.
They also drop gems and knowledge in regards to sports. I thought Gil was just some idiot unserious dude(Im a casual so only had social media to go by), but it seems he actually knows his shyt :ehh:

I recommend the show if you tired of the debate setup and just want to hear nikkas shooting the shyt about sports :manny:

You have to go to the "live" tabs on youtube to get the full episodes.

Today's episode

Another recent episode

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
Yea I caught a couple clips during playoffs, and think he got something going.. NBA seems to have ALOT of different type of channels that get views too I peep.. Seem like a decent way to build an audience if looking for yt possibilities..

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Yea I caught a couple clips during playoffs, and think he got something going.. NBA seems to have ALOT of different type of channels that get views too I peep.. Seem like a decent way to build an audience if looking for yt possibilities..
Yea Gil definitely caught something with this format. Think I ended up catching a clip of the show too, then started checking out the full episodes.
Yea, I think it's because players are more in front of the camera/shines more personality wise compared to NFL. NFL is still king when it comes to their brand/ratings, but NBA players seems to have more opportunities because they are more visible to ppl and their personalities are allowed to shine. That goes from sponsorships and trickles down to stuff like podcast lanes. Paul George even has a podcast.

How many football players have managed to really flip their football career into something big? I think Strahan and Shannon the biggest ones? The Pivot and I am athlete dudes some to be doing well. NBA you got All the Smoke, Gil's stuff, Playoff P. then a bunch of form NBA stars making big splashes in media. From Chuck/Shaq to JJ Redikk.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps

Rashad McCants is the absolute worst nikka to ever be on a podcast. The entire podcast is unwatchable cause of that nikka
I look at him as the "comedic relief" of the group, trash takes here and there but he funny. I also didnt like him at first(started watching like last week or two) but he shines away from the "bad takes". Him, Gil, Miko, Kmart?, and Jennings were discussing how modern day NBA players bodies arent really holding up compared to like a decade ago. All them shined and broke down why they think that is.