y'all think Lonzo ball will be worth all the hype ?

KingJay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly bouls, Trust the Process
He's been drastically overhyped, and his bust potential is honestly pretty high. I don't think his ceiling is the highest either in relation to other top picks:francis:

I fw Lonzo and I'm all in on BBB :nolosses: but I think Lonzo will have major struggles on defense, scoring efficiently/consistently, and being productive in the half court.

e001

Superstar
Daps
Ain't nobody scared of Lonzo in the PnR, teams will give him the right lane all day, he can't play half court, when the season starts he's going to be exposed. That "throw the ball forward ASAP" offense won't work.

He also can't guard any PG in this league, Teague was toying with him and Fox already gave him the business, imagine him guarding Kyrie, Wall, Dame, Steph, etc.

Last edited:

Gil Scott-Heroin

āœŠšŸæ
Daps
I ain't too worried about his offense, even despite his lack of a scoring repertoire - his BBIQ will guide him through. His defense, however, is a major red flag. Having him out there with both Randle and Lopez is gonna be a nightmare. Lakers might fukk around and have the worst defense in the league if those three play starters minutes.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I don't hate lavar on lonzo im not gonna close my eyes and pretend lonzo is greatness either. His shot is seriously broken and alot of his passes are basic push the ball kind. He probably won't be a bust but I can't see him being a star in this era of guards. I think he's gonna be very similar to what Brandon Ingram is looking like right now a tall lanky player who can show bursts of nice plays but at the end of the day low on skill. That kuzma kid is the only one on the Lakers who's got good potential.
He hit more mostly 3's in college and averaged like 15 points a game. His shot isn't broken its the fact that he currently lacks the ability to comfortably get it off in time... Which will come in time where he has to pick and choose and make better shot choices in the offense... Which his BBIQ is high enough to do that

His shot isn't all that but it's not broken. Lonzo hasn't even been able to get in a rhythm with if after only playing like 5 games since college..

Only reason Kuzma looked good at first was because of Lonzo and they complimented each other. Teams are not focusing on Kuzma like they are Lonzo and the game will get tougher for him going forward BUT I think he has a skillset that make him and Lonzo play better than any other lakers player.

What Lonzo does is get people who know how to score the ball in positions where they can score... Skilled players. Randle can't do anything but stop the ball and play bullyball and Ingram has it in his head that he's this star 1v1 player and he's not. He should be a running defense guy who hits open shots and can occasionally make a move in the post with a little guy.

Which is basically what Kuzma does.

Lonzo has his faults (mainly the fact that he passes up easy buckets for himself to pass it and defense on the pick n roll) but everything else is pretty solid especially if the jumper starts falling

backbreaker65

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Passage of Time
I think the focus on Zo is about scoring, when that is what he is not about. He is a facilitator just like Kidd and Magic. He's an engine that needs talent around him to flourish. Lonzo is not a shooter and he's barely a scorer so take that expectation out of your vernacular. Give him the ball, put Kuz out there with him, to run when they get the opportunity.
My assessmet still stands.