Yesterday Kendrick earned himself a golden name plate in the Hall of GOAT rappers

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
I used to really like Kendrick. I fukked with GKMC and especially TPAB but after that he kind of fell off for me. I saw K fans say he was this and that and a GOAT and I wasn’t seeing it. I saw him as a great rapper but placed him on the same tier as Cole. People comparing him to Nas and Jay and Pac and Ice Cube when these rappers have classic disses like Takeover, Ether, No Vaseline, and Hit ‘Em Up. For weeks Kendrick fans felt like they were gassing him up and I didn’t see any proven track record for it. Last week he kept putting out solid disses. Many a bit too long for my taste but nothing truly savage as Hit Em Up or Ether that just crystallizes a hateful spirit. As good as his other three songs were they weren’t all time classics you would play like Hit Em Up which has an iconic memorable beat.

Then he dropped Not Like Us. I’ve been listening to it for a day and now I have to kiss the ring (pause) and say Kendrick fans were right. It’s time to kneel, my brothers and this is no gas. Kendrick has now truly earned it. Now’s the opportunity to kneel for any doubters.

From now on he deserves to be in the same sentence as Nas and Jay. He has earned it.

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
His catalog alone put him in that convo
I think the hallmark of a GOAT rapper isn’t just albums but also how he performs in battle. Even Common has a hit diss. Plus didn’t really fukk with Damn or Mr Moral the same way I did the others. Felt to me like Kendrick had no more gas in the tank.

tehparadox

All Star
Daps
They been ranking him in the top 5 here and there based on his solo music alone, rightfully so imo. We have rarely seen this level of consistency.

Imo he's a far better artist/musician than he's a rapper but when he wants to, he definitely can rap on a high level.

He's pretty much a Kanye/Andre hybrid: high focus on the music, and great rapping as well

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
I’ve been going over his discography because of this start with Section.80. I’ll give Damn and Mr Moral another shot.

Ashtrey

Superstar
Daps
S80 to Black Panther soundtrack. Loved all his shyt.

Mr. Morale disappointed overall but I still listen to about 5 songs off of it.