Yo, how is Belly a classic and trash at the same time?

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
7a7.php

Urban2100

Coligarch
Daps
The ending redeems it for me. I really feel for what they were going for and the message they were attempting to convey.

fukked up thing is that Hype has said that the studio pulled funding while they were filming so he had to cut a lot of what they were doing. Nas was actually supposed to shoot scenes IN Africa showing him and T-Boz flourishing as a family, and some other crucial scenes had to be cut

Did he say why they pulled funding?

Banned Account12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
homie's wig though.....for the record, everybody knows that this is Tyrin Turner aka Cane from Menace To Society in this role, right?
yea we just been trying to figure out why da fukk them nikkas had their hair like that
93wr.png

tumblr_ms3lx9zG211rugj2ao1_500.jpg

belly10.jpg

the whole movie was on some serious shyt....murder, robbery, drugs, etc and that part of the movie was weird as fukk :dead:

Knuckles Red

<3<3<3
Daps
Carmen: A Hip Hopera, is another hood "classic." I will never understand how Beyonce can display so much emotion in her music videos (think Ring the Alarm for reference) but fall so flat in her acting. She already sounds mentally challenged just in her natural speaking voice, but her character, Carmen, was such a bad display of acting abilities. And lol @ her placing a boom box radio right above her bathtub, and then being shocked when the shelf broke and it electrocuted her to death.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
everybody watched this shyt thinking it was gonna be the next scarface and shyt. shyttiest fukking movie i ever seen. even state property and paper soldiers are more entertaining than belly and thats not saying much cause both of those suck too. rappers should stay in their lane.

Daps
When I first watched it, it felt epic! Hip Hop was at a beautiful place, and everyone seemed to be in it. But then replay value just killed it for me, each time I watched it just lost something each time. And that whole Jamaican scarface shyt was trash!

But when it first came out, nobody was calling it trash.

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:)
When I first watched it, it felt epic! Hip Hop was at a beautiful place, and everyone seemed to be in it. But then replay value just killed it for me, each time I watched it just lost something each time. And that whole Jamaican scarface shyt was trash!

But when it first came out, nobody was calling it trash.
Right? Everyone was saying one.

b. woods

Peace
Daps
everybody watched this shyt thinking it was gonna be the next scarface and shyt. shyttiest fukking movie i ever seen. even state property and paper soldiers are more entertaining than belly and thats not saying much cause both of those suck too. rappers should stay in their lane.

:mjlol: Pure, uncut fukkery