Yo, why is Prince Naseem Hamed not in the HOF?

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nas was fantastic. would have loved to see the barrera fight earlier in his career. not making excuses for the loss but nas was a fighter who was at his best early in his career, but people started to figure out his style and his flaws became more and more apparent as time went by. as for his competition being weak, i blame frank warren. frank warren back then protected his meal tickets like crazy and really didnt have the promotional muscle to get nas the big fights vs barrera, azumah nelson etc.

nas from 20-23 would have fought anyone in or around his division if the fights could have been made. but dude was like james toney outside the ring, he put on loads and loads of weight and lacked the discipline, and his L to barrera was like Toneys L to Jones, it took a lot out of his confidence i think. but where as Toney kept on and after years came back to be a champ, i think Nas just took his millions, which at the time was crazy for a small fighter, and became a family man. i know that sounds like a cop out but dude out the ring had basically become too accustomed to the easy life by the time he fought barrera.

i always gave nas the edge over barrera when they were always compared early in their carrer but by the time the fight came around in 2001, i had literally zero confidence he was going to win.

as for the hall of fame, im not up on what the credentials are but pound for pound in terms of entertainment, he was hard to top.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
nas was fantastic. would have loved to see the barrera fight earlier in his career. not making excuses for the loss but nas was a fighter who was at his best early in his career, but people started to figure out his style and his flaws became more and more apparent as time went by. as for his competition being weak, i blame frank warren. frank warren back then protected his meal tickets like crazy and really didnt have the promotional muscle to get nas the big fights vs barrera, azumah nelson etc.

nas from 20-23 would have fought anyone in or around his division if the fights could have been made. but dude was like james toney outside the ring, he put on loads and loads of weight and lacked the discipline, and his L to barrera was like Toneys L to Jones, it took a lot out of his confidence i think. but where as Toney kept on and after years came back to be a champ, i think Nas just took his millions, which at the time was crazy for a small fighter, and became a family man. i know that sounds like a cop out but dude out the ring had basically become too accustomed to the easy life by the time he fought barrera.

i always gave nas the edge over barrera when they were always compared early in their carrer but by the time the fight came around in 2001, i had literally zero confidence he was going to win.

as for the hall of fame, im not up on what the credentials are but pound for pound in terms of entertainment, he was hard to top.
Yeah I don't want to make excuses for Hamed, but it was more than Marco just outclassing him in that fight. Hamed was already starting to lose his discipline many fights before Barerra and had a lot of trouble making weight.

Never lived up to his full potential, but definitely a HOF and glad that he is finally in. He became one of my favorite boxers after watching the Kevin Kelley fight, his entrance had my whole family :laff: watching it live.

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
also, tom johnson was th IBF champ, Vasquez was the WBA champ though his belt wasnt on the line, and Soto was the WBC champ even though the fight was terrible. so for all intents and purposes he unified the featherweight division by beating all the reigning champs.

here he is looking back on his career, you can see how much weight he gained let you know how he was living.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Naz will get in eventually. He may not have fought the best comp out there but it's lesser fighters in the HOF then him. So with that logic he will hear his name called one day.