"You Ain't Rob Me But Imma Beat You Like Ya Did" Dirrell vs Degale Title Fight Thread

Who Wins the Main Event?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps
PBC on NBC Presents : Dirrell vs Degale

Start Time 4:30 p.m EST/1:30 p.m PST

degale-dirrell-united-states_3302910.jpg

Andre "The Resurrected/The Matrix" Dirrell 24(16KO) - 1(Robbery) - 0
546554e9ce60e6ae1431215334.jpg

VS

James "Chunky" Degale 20(14KO) - 1(Groves) - 0
07b525fa49a4af3f89829a9abcec2a9d_crop_north.jpg

Also

And The Return of

Edwin "La Bomba" Rodriguez 26(17KO) - 1(0KO) - 0
tumblr_mwgle2NfzD1qaa8d1o4_250.gif
tumblr_mwgle2NfzD1qaa8d1o4_250.gif

VS

Craig "El Gato Negro" Baker 16(12KO) - 0(0) - 0
Pittsburgh%20Fight%20Night-0015%20-%20Humberto%20Savigne%20-%20Craig%20Baker.jpg

Last edited:

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps
#NeverForget 10/17/2009

On An ESPN 3 stream at 12:30 p.m EST

Then replayed on ESPN 2 & ESPN Deportes at 9:00 p.m EST

Alexander "Sasha" Povetkin 28(20KO) - 1(0KO) - 0

klitschkow12povetkin3.jpg

VS

Mike ":lupe:" Perez 23(13KO) - 1(0KO) - 1 Draw

4aa0764392d714624c39edce59234edc_crop_north.jpg

Last edited:

Willy Waffle

Willy Da Waffleman
Daps
Reppin
#GIANTS #KNICKS #RANGERS
not even a fan of degale and don't even find anything about him i like in his style. I find it crazy how alot of people say he can't win this fight though. don't know how anyone can be impressed with dirrell as of late. 50/50 imo.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
:snoop:

Fortuna to battle Vasquez in Brooklyn; Malignaggi out with injury
May 16, 2015 By Jason Bracelin
Due to injury to Paulie Malignaggi, Javier Fortuna and Bryan Vasquez will now open the Premier Boxing Champions (PBC) on Spike telecast on Friday, May 29 live from Barclays Center in Brooklyn beginning at 9:00 p.m. ET/6:00 p.m. PT.

158014094.jpg

Powerhouse Javier Fortuna will now fight May 29 on PBC card in Brooklyn.

The gash looks like something from the kind of horror flick that you only watch once any kids are cleared from the room.

Paulie Malignaggi earned this ugly, eye-inflating battle scar two days ago. During a Wednesday sparring session, Malignaggi caught an elbow to his left eye, resulting in a deep, gushing open wound.

“I have a lot of scars over my left eye,” he says. “It was probably an old scar opening up.” As the blood streamed down his face, Malignaggi knew that it was serious. Turns out he was right, unfortunately.

The injury has forced Malignaggi to withdraw from his May 29 comeback fight against Danny O’Connor at the Barclays Center in Malignaggi’s native Brooklyn.

On the televised portion of the fight card, which airs on Spike TV, Malignaggi’s bout will be replaced by a 130-pound scrap between Javier Fortuna and Bryan Vasquez.

Malignaggi’s cut required stitches, which come out on Tuesday, but doctors informed Malignaggi that he wouldn’t be able to spar for weeks, seriously detracting from his training. What’s more, the relative freshness of the wound means that it could easily be opened once again if he was to fight any time soon.

For Malignaggi, who’s become an increasingly in-demand boxing TV analyst since his last fight in April 2014, the postponement of his return to the ring is especially bittersweet, as he’s been engaged in the difficult balancing act of training for a fight while also working full-time as a commentator.

“All that sacrifice,” he says, his voice trailing off, his usual gusto clearly muted on this day. Malignaggi is unsure when he will be able to fight again or who it will be against. “I’d like to be back in the fall,” he says. In the meantime, there is a silver lining to Malignaggi’s predicament. After having to watch what he ate for weeks on end now, he no longer has to worry about making weight any time soon.

“I’ve already had a pizza,” Malignaggi notes with at least a hint of satisfaction.

paulie.jpg

Malignaggi's eye shortly after receiving stitches.

Fortuna vs. Vasquez

Fortuna vs. Vasquez, which was originally scheduled to take place May 23, replaces the bout between Malignaggi and Danny O'Connor.

The 12-round brawl will lead into the highly anticipated contest between former world champions Amir Khan and Chris Algieri.

An amateur standout who participated in the first Pan American Junior Championships in 2003, the 25-year-old Fortuna (27-0-1, 20 KOs) owns victories over Abner Cotto, Miguel Zamudio and Patrick Hyland. The undefeated rising star out of La Romana, Dominican Republic holds four knockouts over his last six fights as he looks to put on another great show on May 29.

The 27-year-old Vasquez (35-1, 18 KOs) is quickly becoming known as the preeminent pugilist from the island of Costa Rica. The San Juan-native is the winner of his last five fights, including a stoppage of Sergio Thompson in Dec. 2014. Vasquez does not shy from any competition and will not back down when he faces his toughest test to date in Javier Fortuna on Spike TV.

O'Connor will now fight in his hometown of Boston on Saturday, May 23 on the undercard of the PBC on NBC event from Boston University's Agganis Arena.