You Know Who Is Crying Over 'GONE WITH THE WIND'

BrownBunny

All Star
Daps
I don’t know why they’re trying to make Hattie McDaniel’s Oscar win a Black history moment when Black audiences during that time thought the cast were a bunch of sellouts and hated McDaniel for her mammy roles.

Last edited:

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
White people especially white liberals grew up on this stuff
Now you know why they are completely aghast about racism and don't know what to do
Hollywood fed them this stuff for decades and they thought it was cool because a black face won an oscar

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Maybe it's me and I havent seen in it a long time, but It thought a lot of that movie was lowkey shytting on Southerners. There's a great scene in teh beginning at a dance where all the Southern white boys are getting these chests puffed up after the south declares war.

Rhett looks at them all like "you dumb rednecks are going to get you asses handed back to you :pachaha:"

Even the mammy wasn't taking shyt from whites and this was in the buck-eyed "yassuh no-suh" era in HOllywood

Daps
Reppin
Bucktown, U.S.A. (Harlem, NY) + 'Cuse, NY
I've never seen this movie but I've learned about it's details...this movie is very similar to Birth Of A Nation in which negative stereotypes of black ppl are driving force behind these films...matter of fact this is one of the propaganda

Hattie McDaniels was among the first black person in Hollywood to infamously dismissed black civil right groups as hinders but also blamed and believed black ppl were responsible for her dwindling career a little after Gone With The Wind while stating her "admiration" for white ppl up until her death bed...

She was a very shortsighted woman...had she'd lived longer into the 50s heading into the 60s & 70s would she had still sung the same tune.

Last edited:
Daps
It’s not being erased, they’re just temporarily removing it to add a historical context warning.

I remember seeing how the 3 main slaves acted, and spoke, and being disgusted at how childlike they were, especially the one who was supposed to get the doctor to help deliver the baby, and was just slow walking along the fence singing like a five year old. Then, the slaves chose to stay after the war, because they loved Scarlett so much, and she was a bytch.

:hhh:

And what black people asked for this?

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
I've never seen this movie but I've learned about it's details...this movie is very similar to Birth Of A Nation in which negative stereotypes of black ppl are driving force behind these films...matter of fact this is one of the propaganda

Hattie McDaniels was among the first black person in Hollywood to infamously dismissed black civil right groups as hinders but also blamed and believed black ppl were responsible for her dwindling career a little after Gone With The Wind while stating her "admiration" for white ppl up until her death bed...

She was a very shortsighted woman...had she'd lived longer into the 50s heading into the 60s & 70s would she had still sung the same tune.
Not the same as Monique and her Osacar but similar with the same career arch.

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
Hattie McDaniel won and couldn't even sit at the same table with her co-stars now all the sudden white folks acting like they really want black folks to know about a woman that won a award for portraying a slave? White folks always act like they doing shyt for our benefit. Nothing educational about fukkin Gone with the Wind.