You mean to tell me I've been living a lie when it comes to squats?

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
Squat form might be the most personal lift in the gym.......

Hopefully that make sense

Facts.

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

I'm truly :ohhh: right now because I've been so hesitant about changing my form for fear of damaging my knees. I've been wanting to get more definition in my quads for a while, and this whole time, I could have just been mixing it up by using a more quad-dominant form for squats. :snoop:

I haven't even reached my final form. :mjcry:

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
Facts.

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

I'm truly :ohhh: right now because I've been so hesitant about changing my form for fear of damaging my knees. I've been wanting to get more definition in my quads for a while, and this whole time, I could have just been mixing it up by using a more quad-dominant form for squats. :snoop:

I haven't even reached my final form. :mjcry:

Make friends with the Stairmaster too. It'll carve your quad sweeps up right nice

street heat

merchant of death
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i have bad knees so i just dont fukk with squats. if i do them its with light weight as a superset with something else. no matter what form ive tried it just never feels right when i add a plate or more. i am also tall at 6'4 . i just stick to safer leg exercises .

Entropy Fan

Superstar
Daps
i have bad knees so i just dont fukk with squats. if i do them its with light weight as a superset with something else. no matter what form ive tried it just never feels right when i add a plate or more. i am also tall at 6'4 . i just stick to safer leg exercises .

You probably have long femurs which make u bend too far forward when u get low.

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
unless you a athlete their pointless. and all that heavy squatting comes with long term health risk to your knees, joints and spine. Just do some leg presses and hamstring raises and you good.

Daps
Yeah, my knees have been hurting for the longest. Sometimes I warm up and the pain ain't bad, other times it just sucks and I gotta fight through it. Idk what i'm doing wrong. Since I have bad ankle flexibility I put some small weights on the floor and put my heels on those, it definitely helps. That said it still feels like I'm putting a lot of pressure on my knees

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
unless you a athlete their pointless. and all that heavy squatting comes with long term health risk to your knees, joints and spine. Just do some leg presses and hamstring raises and you good.
High key, I can't even disagree. I just built my wife a leg sled, and I'm debating beginning to use it myself. The muscles don't care, and this is a long term game

That1guy

Rookie
Daps
Problem is having to give general rules for everyone. The average person doesn't have the strength to maintain form under load... the general rules help to compensate... when you get strong enough, you can experiment and do what works for you.

Just don't end up at snap city