100Percent

Deviatin' septums
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
5 years with no defense ?

Nahh give me Sabo
Westbrook isn't that great of a defender either, he gambles for the steal too much and has a tendency to try to crash the offensive boards leaving Roberson or Oladipo to guard his man on fast breaks. Then there are possessions where he straight up doesn't try on that end like on that game winner by Young.

Not defending Harden and I know you never said he was any good but what I'm saying is with either of them you'd have to live with some terrible defensive play.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
For any of amount of time I'm taking Harden. He's just more composed. He's better at everything outside of rebounding (better shooter, passer), Westbrook just plays at a higher pace and therefore is a lot more erratic. Neither one of them gives a damn on the defensive end.

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Westbrook isn't that great of a defender either, he gambles for the steal too much and has a tendency to try to crash the offensive boards leaving Roberson or Oladipo to guard his man on fast breaks. Then there are possessions where he straight up doesn't try on that end like on that game winner by Young.

Not defending Harden and I know you never said he was any good but what I'm saying is with either of them you'd have to live with some terrible defensive play.

People need to realize in the Harden - Westbrook comparison that they had the same coaches teaching them defense for the first years of their career.

Many of the flaws there are due to poor coaching of team defense, an area where coaching can in fact have a large impact.:francis:

I said when the Wizards hired Scott Brooks that I expected Wall and Beal to suffer defensively :manny:

Marco Andretti

GRINDHARD
Daps
Reppin
NoleNation 904 Jetlife

Taking Sabo is 5 years with no defense though. :dwillhuh:

Lmao Westbrook plays defense ..

He may be outta place at time because he gambles alot..

BUT I'll be damned if I choose a nikka who gives NO effort on defense over a guy who gives you everything they got ..

Even if it's the wrong decision

Ijs .. effort vs no effort

Westbrook gives effort .. u can't deny that

Columbo

Lieutenant
Daps
Reppin
Homicide Investigations
Westbrook, im not sure how his game will change as he gets older. But these next few years :wow:

Harden might be better in the 4th and 5th year but defensively hes the woat. Yall can say what you want about Westbrooks defense, it is bad at times but Har_ens in a class by himself

He's athletic, but he has that kind of herky/jerky shyt that will age well, he's basically like Manu on roids.
Great comparison offensively but Ginobli was a much better defender

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mississauga
Averaging 1.35 steals a game ..

He's doing something ... hell harden it even on the list . .

We're comparing the 2 .. not him being the best defensive pg..

Cuz he's not ..

But compared to harden...

Defensively as of ...and in 2016 .. Westbrook is the better defensive player ..

steals =/= great defense

harden averaging 1.3spg
westbrook averaging 1.4spg

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Averaging 1.35 steals a game ..

He's doing something ... hell harden it even on the list . .

We're comparing the 2 .. not him being the best defensive pg..

Cuz he's not ..

But compared to harden...

Defensively as of ...and in 2016 .. Westbrook is the better defensive player ..

Code:
Season      Age  Tm Pos STL
2015-16      26 HOU  SG 1.7
2016-17      27 HOU  PG 1.3
Career                  1.5

5 seasons           HOU 1.7
3 seasons           OKC 1.1

Provided by Basketball-Reference.com: View Original Table
Generated 12/2/2016.

Harden 1.3 steals per game:mjgrin: