You See How They F'ed Up "Machine Gun Funk" on Remastered RTD?!

Aje

All Madden
Daps
Reppin
Don't Believe the Hype
i noticed that last year,makes the song unlistenable , im so glad i have everything i downloaded 10plus years ago in my cloud smh
Fr.

I don't get it: if Puff cleared the sample 25 years ago, why not be able to release it again? Do you have to clear the sample AGAIN even though it's a re-release?

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Fr.

I don't get it: if Puff cleared the sample 25 years ago, why not be able to release it again? Do you have to clear the sample AGAIN even though it's a re-release?

It couldn't have been cleared if it's been removed... it probably went undetected back then but since RTD is such a popular album, someone probably caught it.

Producers used to sample stuff without clearing it all the time, even after the laws were established... matter fact, I think there's another sample on this album that got removed for the same reason like 10 years ago.

EDIT:

"On March 24, 2006, Bridgeport Music and Westbound Records won a federal lawsuit against Bad Boy Records for copyright infringement, with a jury deciding that Combs and Bad Boy had illegally used samples for the production of the songs "Ready to Die", "Machine Gun Funk", and "Gimme the Loot".[6][7] The jury awarded $4.2 million in punitive and direct damages to the two plaintiffs, and federal judge Todd Campbell enacted an immediate sales ban on the album and tracks in question.[7] On appeal, the Sixth Circuit found the damages unconstitutionally high and in violation of due process and remanded the case, at which point Campbell reduced them by $2.8 million; however, the verdict was upheld.[8][9] All versions of the album released since the lawsuit are without the disputed samples.[10]

Although a fair use issue, Combs and Bad Boy never raised the legal concept of the fair use doctrine in their defense.[8] This decision was questioned by some legal experts: Anthony Falzone of the Fair Use Project at Stanford Law School criticized Combs and Bad Boy for not defending the legality of sampling and suggested that they might have refused to raise such a defense because they feared it could later imperil their control over their own music.[11]

On April 2, 2014, Lee Hutson of The Impressions filed a multimillion-dollar copyright infringement suit against Combs, Bad Boy Records, and the estate of the late Notorious B.I.G. for copyright infringement, alleging that his song "Can't Say Enough About Mom" was illegally sampled in the production of the song "The What".[12] The estate countersued in turn, claiming the sample as used was short, adapted, and supplemented, and thus subject to fair use,[13] a legal tactic not pursued previously"

Aje

All Madden
Daps
Reppin
Don't Believe the Hype
It couldn't have been cleared if it's been removed... it probably went undetected back then but since RTD is such a popular album, someone probably caught it.

Producers used to sample stuff without clearing it all the time, even after the laws were established... matter fact, I think there's another sample on this album that got removed for the same reason like 10 years ago.

EDIT:

"On March 24, 2006, Bridgeport Music and Westbound Records won a federal lawsuit against Bad Boy Records for copyright infringement, with a jury deciding that Combs and Bad Boy had illegally used samples for the production of the songs "Ready to Die", "Machine Gun Funk", and "Gimme the Loot".[6][7] The jury awarded $4.2 million in punitive and direct damages to the two plaintiffs, and federal judge Todd Campbell enacted an immediate sales ban on the album and tracks in question.[7] On appeal, the Sixth Circuit found the damages unconstitutionally high and in violation of due process and remanded the case, at which point Campbell reduced them by $2.8 million; however, the verdict was upheld.[8][9] All versions of the album released since the lawsuit are without the disputed samples.[10]

Although a fair use issue, Combs and Bad Boy never raised the legal concept of the fair use doctrine in their defense.[8] This decision was questioned by some legal experts: Anthony Falzone of the Fair Use Project at Stanford Law School criticized Combs and Bad Boy for not defending the legality of sampling and suggested that they might have refused to raise such a defense because they feared it could later imperil their control over their own music.[11]

On April 2, 2014, Lee Hutson of The Impressions filed a multimillion-dollar copyright infringement suit against Combs, Bad Boy Records, and the estate of the late Notorious B.I.G. for copyright infringement, alleging that his song "Can't Say Enough About Mom" was illegally sampled in the production of the song "The What".[12] The estate countersued in turn, claiming the sample as used was short, adapted, and supplemented, and thus subject to fair use,[13] a legal tactic not pursued previously"
Good find!