Young Thug is pronouncing his words and I'm not sure I like it yet

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Brehs, people have been complaining about not understanding Thugger since he jumped on the scene. He is usually one of the first rappers people give an example of when referring to mumble rap.

But, dude uses his voice in a way where the lyrics aren't really a focus. His flows and melodies are the highlights more than anything:

Thugger has unlocked unimaginable flows. :wow:

But lately, he's switched it up to a more traditional style(see Sacrifices and Get Mine):

He's still dope but I don't know, it's just weird to listen to. What do yall think?

:patrice: :jbhmm:

Last edited:

SouljaVoy

♥ Black Love
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta,GA
I'm not really feelin Thug new style, but a lot of non-Thug fans like it...

For example, on that 2-chainz song "Dresser" I heard from multiple people that don't even like Young Thug claim that he "killed it".... my homie tried to tell me "Bruh that is young thug best verse!" :damn:

I'm like nikka you never even listened to one Young Thug mixtape in your life..how the fukk you gonna say thats his best verse? :dahell::rudy:

Anyway... non-Thug fans like this new style...and I heard his new project will be a singing album.. so I guess the white label exces are tell Thug what to do, and he's listening. :francis:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
He had to start making jump the shark autotune plays on prostitute flange.
As he is wack without autotune and that never changed.
Y'all just like this myth of weezy gw bullshyt ans gay innuendo based rnb that is a play on mixing r Kelly with autotune and double time from any era of double time they can shark from.

How you nikkaz let these wack nikkaz fool you is beyond me.

Art Barr

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
He's still trash but he's trying to give his career a boost. He probably realizes that his usual high-pitched garbled bullshyt only appeals to kids and lames.

If you don't grow with your audience... :yeshrug:

qwasi

Rhinestone Cowboy
Daps
First noticed it on Sacrifises on More Life. Caught me off guard. Though if it's him progressing good for him.

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not really feelin Thug new style, but a lot of non-Thug fans like it...

For example, on that 2-chainz song "Dresser" I heard from multiple people that don't even like Young Thug claim that he "killed it".... my homie tried to tell me "Bruh that is young thug best verse!" :damn:

I'm like nikka you never even listened to one Young Thug mixtape in your life..how the fukk you gonna say thats his best verse? :dahell::rudy:

Anyway... non-Thug fans like this new style...and I heard his new project will be a singing album.. so I guess the white label exces are tell Thug what to do, and he's listening. :francis:
They've always told him what to do.