Youtube creators targeting Black celebrities with misinformation using A.I.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Two of the 12 channels posting what appear to be AI-generated fake news videos about Black celebrities reviewed by NBC News started as technology review channels, posting videos that don’t appear to feature any AI-generated content. After they posted several videos that each received under 1,000 views, the two channels pivoted to covering salacious, fake stories about Black celebrities. One of the channels now has over 20 million combined views, and the other has over 5 million. YouTube terminated one of them.
Two other channels of the 12 reviewed by NBC News had email addresses connected to Crealon Entertainment, a digital publishing company based in Sweden that has operated numerous other YouTube accounts with the work of freelancers. According to Crealon’s LinkedIn page, it is hiring a “Rap Writer” freelancer based in the U.S. and a “Video Editor for Rap related YouTube Channel” freelancer based in India.

:mjpls:

Those type of channels are so easy to identify but YouTube is incredibly slow at removing them. I remember seeing thumbnails of an angry looking Will Smith and Chris Rock and the title would be "Will and Chris have heated argument" with 600,000 views. People are idiots for clicking but the fact that those channels aren't demonetized or deleted before those views piled up is ridiculous. I have channels I subscribe to that do movie reviews and they'll get flagged or a strike within a few hours of uploading because they showed a few more seconds of footage than is allowed by fair use.

Someone famous is going to have to sue YouTube to get them to react quicker.

With the numbers Kat did on Club Shay Shay this is only going to get worse.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What am I doing? Over the past 10 years, the first thing I TAUGHT MYSELF was how to flip websites. From there I got into affiliate marketing; learning funnels and conversion tactics that gave me enough knowledge to put a few family members on. From what I learned about any kind of marketing, I passed to my mom and wife and now one has a successful aroma therapy business and the other a custom clothing boutique.

I was already partnered with a law firm since I move to FL but network security is my passion…I taught myself how to properly protect a law firm and their insurance partners so guess who not only partners but also gets paid for monitoring security with E&D response and hunting software?

The point is, all nikkas know how to do is get on social media to do pointless shyt all day. There is no reason fake news of any sort should be able to get by anyone at this point. We’ve all been on the internet too long. There is unlimited knowledge to be had but we won’t take advantage of.

You don't get it Mr nikka

Why are folks so simple minded to not u derstand macro level impacts. I will never know.

Just having the range of experience should give you context on how people thing and enable you to have strategic insight on people.

If what said is even true.

The whole point is that the rubbish that people ingest online doest affect your life.

No way around that. Proof for years now.

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
If you can’t tell what’s real and what’s fake on this internet by now, there’s no hope for you and it’s your own fault…

The point is that it's getting harder to tell whats real and whats fake and that's going to have a negative impact on (black) communities and society as a whole

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mjpls:

Those type of channels are so easy to identify but YouTube is incredibly slow at removing them. I remember seeing thumbnails of an angry looking Will Smith and Chris Rock and the title would be "Will and Chris have heated argument" with 600,000 views. People are idiots for clicking but the fact that those channels aren't demonetized or deleted before those views piled up is ridiculous. I have channels I subscribe to that do movie reviews and they'll get flagged or a strike within a few hours of uploading because they showed a few more seconds of footage than is allowed by fair use.

Someone famous is going to have to sue YouTube to get them to react quicker.

With the numbers Kat did on Club Shay Shay this is only going to get worse.

This social media owners get off to black dysfunction

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
You don't get it Mr nikka

Why are folks so simple minded to not u derstand macro level impacts. I will never know.

Just having the range of experience should give you context on how people thing and enable you to have strategic insight on people.

If what said is even true.

The whole point is that the rubbish that people ingest online doest affect your life.

No way around that. Proof for years now.
And again, I don’t understand how people can be dumb enough to even let this fake news spread when we are all professional internet browsers at this point.

You’re okay with making excuses for people. I’m not…

And I love how instead o f saying “good shyt on your accomplishments” you try to discredit me. Real nikka-like of you…

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
This board was overrun by misinformation/disinformation YTer babble years ago. Grown men and women listened to and repeated verifiably FALSE content here. Had it debunked and refuted, and continued to keep running with the same bullshyt takes. AND THE THREADS ARE STILL UP.

If adults will fall for shyt like this about History, these kids have no chance falling for AI rumors about celebs.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And again, I don’t understand how people can be dumb enough to even let this fake news spread when we are all professional internet browsers at this point.

You’re okay with making excuses for people. I’m not…

And I love how instead o f saying “good shyt on your accomplishments” you try to discredit me. Real nikka-like of you…

The whole point is the destruction of our people is at fukking stake.

What so difficult to understand about that .

Some if you negroes want to be different and stick out so back like that gas chamber is going to go easy because you were "different"

How the fukk old are you?

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This board was overrun by misinformation/disinformation YTer babble years ago. Grown men and women listened to and repeated verifiably FALSE content here. Had it debunked and refuted, and continued to keep running with the same bullshyt takes. AND THE THREADS ARE STILL UP.

If adults will fall for shyt like this about History, these kids have no chance falling for AI rumors about celebs.

Thats why the kids are fukked up, if the parents have no sense. You can tell as a kid, leaves you wandering because you know those fools are wrong

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
If you can’t tell what’s real and what’s fake on this internet by now, there’s no hope for you and it’s your own fault…
You must not be paying attention to the developments in machine learning. Right now Congress are having discussions about this shyt because it's getting impossible to determine real from fake.