‘Why WWE Babyfaces Suck’

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps

I’m sure a lot of people already know how they book their faces to look like idiots, but this is a good video detailing it.

The Roman Reigns promo :laff:

Those punches Becky through :hhh:

Skyjacker

All Star
Daps
I do agree with some of the points on Becky's character. I noticed that Becky was too safe with her punches in her brawls.

WWE has this weird obsession with making faces corny. Little to none of the general audience likes this. Few people can pull it off anyway and the ones who can, are better in a different role.

I hated them trying to go back to underdog Becky (and trying to Rocky 3 her). This is in spite of the crowd liking the new character more than the old one.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Great video. It's all on Vince. When guys like Miz can't even cut entertaining promos anymore, it's the writing that fails them. A lot of these wrestlers have more personality than they're allowed to have on TV.

The only part I'm not 100% on is Becky. She was one of the very few babyfaces that was great in the role. She wasn't trying to be cool and she wasn't heel-like. She was a traditional babyface with natural charm, and that's why her turning on Charlotte was such a great moment.

They tried turning her heel which made no sense because the fans were going to support her regardless. Once they realized that, they changed course, but instead of slowly transitioning her back into her original character, she continued being "The Man" and she got annoying. At times, she felt more like a heel than a face.

Her goodbye promo when she announced her pregnancy was the first time in a while that she felt like the old Becky. She had some of her original charm, but you can tell she was a more developed character.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Love his point about how kids don't fukk with goody two shoes shyt.

I was a kid during the PEAK of the Attitude era. And this was suburban New York. I knew a bunch of wild ass kids, cursing all the time, spitting :duck:'s about banging girls, playing GTA, and all that shyt.

Vince/the WWE thinks their audience are eight-year-olds in the 1920s. It’s some intelligence-insulting TV.