[05/05] AEW Dynamite: BLOOD AND GUTS

WHolla09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good episode overall. Thought the show was pretty good up into halfway in through blood and guts. I’m actually intrigued by Kenny vs OC. Should be a good match

thoughts on B&G:

-obviously, this should never be on tv ever again or if it is, no commercials
-match was great until Jericho came in, then the match quality decreased tremendously
-match was way too long. They should have had MJF get on top of the cage as soon as Jericho comes in. Jericho should have ran in the cage, beat every one up in the cage with Floyd and then climb up to do the ending sequence .
-when the turnbuckle came off, I thought my prediction of Spears losing like Larry Zybesko in Wargames 92 and then getting kicked out was going to come true lol
-definitely need that FTR/P&P feud ASAP
-Finish was dumb. The guys had plenty of time to climb up there to save Chris. They should have shown that they were still fighting in the cage to show that they couldn’t make it up there.
-AEW needs to cover up there crash pads more. Seeing the cardboard did take away the impact of the bump a little.
-comparing this to NXT Wargames, this is only better than ‘20s Woman’s match.
-Rushing the storyline did decrease the value of this match. I think they should have done a stadium stampede match first with Inner Circle winning. Then B&G at Full Gear or All Out and then finally MJF vs Jericho. That would be great Long term booking
-Hopefully the next B&G will be on a PPV and they improve on the match

WHolla09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the ending was unnecessary it couldve been something more emotional
have Inner Circle get handcuffed and beaten down while Jericho is getting smashed with chairs on all sides, MJF teases breaking Jericho's neck with a folding chair until Sammy surrenders , MJF does the folding chair spot anyway
Jericho coughs fake blood
EMTS come, emotional commentary etc
alot more effective

the cage spot couldve been given to one of the FTR members and it wouldve been a holy shyt spot, that shyt we saw was just cheesy not some shyt you leave a lasting impression on

this would have been way better than what they aired. The only thing I would change is have Sammy get tossed to the crash pad. Move Jericho/MJF to the stage. Have Sammy and Wardlow on top of the cage. A beaten Sammy surrenders for Chris and then get tossed off by Wardlow.

King Kai

Supporter
Daps
I've always wondered if wrestling companies could get a company to construct a very thin cover for a crash pad (something like really thin aluminum etc) for these spots.

Just the "bent metal" look would have made that spot look ridiculous.