[07/15] AEW Dynamite: Fight for the Fallen 2020

Starboy52

Superstar
Daps
One thing Moxley does not need right now is a DQ win this early in his title reign. He needs legit finishes, even if they have to protect Cage with the towel throw-in.

I do see the gripe about him not being a submission artist, but it was Cage's only known weakness that he can't do anything about.

I would much rather this than a DQ via Cage giving up mentally and belt shotting.

Breh, he’s been champion for almost 6 months. If any match would’ve called for a DQ finish with the promise of a get back somewhere down the line, it was this one.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Sonny wouldn't draw so much attention, if he wear pants :mjlol:. Goldust had antics, but he wasn't wearing booty shorts :dame:

Vickie getting so much mileage out of 2 words pitched right is still :ehh:. Nyla Rose can talk and was already champion, so I don't think she really needed Vicki though. I see they are bringing in some more women next week that are supposed to be good :ohhh:. I'm glad they let Shida get a backstage talking segment, still need to give her more of a character than being Japanese and solid in the ring though.

So much would benefit from crowds like the O.C. segment :francis:

Jericho really is a mark for J.R. every-time he's on commentary and always shyts on Excalibur :lolbron:

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Breh, he’s been champion for almost 6 months. If any match would’ve called for a DQ finish with the promise of a get back somewhere down the line, it was this one.

He has had only three challengers for his title so far. If they want to elevate him and the title, they need some semi legit wins. In the make believe world, they have mentioned Moxley has been in Japan working on his wrestling before. And this gives him a LITTLE bit of rep to his submission game, which is a good facet to have in your game.

So we have Moxley getting a win pretty much by tapout, or Cage passing out. (Could have been another acceptable finish). Meanwhile, it was Taz who gave up for the both of them, NOT Cage, so Cage is protected here.

I do think this finish or a DQ finish leaves them both open for a rematch, and they should do that. Make this a long term storyline, good for both wrestlers. And I'm hoping the Darby match is a one-shot on Dynamite and Cage continues on with Moxley. But a DQ finish here would have left me with something more to be desired and possibly pissed off about the ending. More-so than the finish they did.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
a6eb03dbff84e7df5e6d1c6b4b86ec85e7432b60.gifv

0b4e3b0f5e907271ddd2292752517e143b4a3faa.gifv

Sonnys a hit :yeshrug:

A couple of Dynamites ago, someone asked who was the female RVD. Sonny Kiss is pretty much the female RVD. Sonny's athleticism is very RVD-like.