[1/19] AEW Dynamite: Return of Mox, Punk/Spears, Kings of Black Throne debut, and more

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
1642714893859.jpg

Having that Big Bang Theory audience carry over into Dynamite has been a huge shot in the arm for their ratings. 1.72 million for the first minute of Dynamite, 1.22 million for the Moxley quarter, didn't drop under 1 million until that god awful Archer/Kazarian match (check Brandon Thurston's Twitter for all the numbers). Moreover, the demo number didn't drop much at all in comparison to the overall number (~300K between the highest and lowest P2 number, ~90K between the highest and lowest 18-49 number). Once they figure out a format that serves both the live audience and the viewing audience, they'll probably be beating RAW's demo numbers consistently and closing in on their overall viewership.

Remember: This was not that good of a show.

shyt... Makes me want to stop drinking. And I only drink on the weekend.

One of the best things about the pandemic was that it forced me to stop drinking as much as I used to. I haven't quit by any means, but I went from weekly to once every 4-6 weeks. Even that small change combined with getting back into my weightlifting and cardio program got me back in shape real quick. One of the best life decisions I've made in recent memory.

Last edited:

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
"Not the scarf. That'd be worse than Dippin Dots for God's sakes."

Wish I still had that bored Raven gif because that's how I felt watching this episode. And I was pirating this show :unimpressed:.

As @TrueEpic08 mentioned, the show formatting needs to be reworked. There has to be a better way to build Archer as a Page's big monster opponent. They really overbook their matches, case in point the opening match. Also doesn't help when the crowd never seemed to be into the show at all. I can only hope this is just a brief slow period.