1 in 7 white families are now millionaires. For black families, it’s 1 in 50.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
shyt is depressing as fukk man :mjcry:

Black folk getting redlined, marginalized, forced to settle for jobs we are clear over qualified for that's not even in a field of study, or just not offered jobs to begin with :francis:
Black men as a group are under qualified for the jobs that usually generate wealth accumulation. :francis:

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Can y'all explain this to that fool @Alpha Male ? :hhh:

@Alpha Male do you believe in systemic racism? Especially in regards to African Americans and Latinos being systematically denied economic opportunity? :bpthink:

That is, is it possible that there are systemic factors that limits economic advancements for blacks and latinos that do not fit neatly into "choice" or "predetermined"? :bpthink:

I believe it has more to do with class, as the data in this thread suggests.

I know there is racism, but I do not believe it is the greatest threat facing minorities in 2017. I think if you come from a good family and work hard then upward mobility will be afforded to you. :yeshrug:

If your grandparents were poor, and your parents were poor, and YOU’RE poor... my best advice to anyone would be to stop waiting for government to lift you up and get to work on it yourself. Nothing is stopping you. Start thinking about yourself and the future of your family.

Also, just wanted to add:

This statement is extremely problematic. It makes several unwarranted assumptions.

This could just as easily be chalked up to the lack generational wealth.

Poverty is a complex subject. Seeing that most Americans are about three missed paychecks away from poverty at any given time, it's not always a matter of "laziness/priorities".

It seems your thoughts on economic opportunity don't allow for someone in this country to work hard and not be successful. It happens all the time. :francis:

If someone is three paychecks away from POVERTY then I would assume that person also has their priorities out of balance.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
That'd be around 52 million millionaires. There is no way that's right.
families though..

What I did was looked up the total population of the US 330mil
then got the percentage white americans like 60-65%
then broke that down to a family of 4......maybe I should 5 or 6

then multiply 14% by the number above ^^^^

I ended with like 7 million, millionaire families which seems like too much.....

edit: I just recalculated with a family of six and got 4.6 million families which is a bit more feasible.....

Last edited:

Jimi Swagger

I say whatever I think should be said
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB
Just some FYI:
Of the 2,043 people who made it to the 2017 FORBES list of the World’s Billionaires, 10 of them are black, down from 12 a year ago. A macrocosm of global Black economic standing as even the wealthiest are losing ground while wealth concentrated(and growing) in the hands of a few, mainly billionaires from mainly European and some Asian countries. Africa rising my ass.

The Black Billionaires 2017

Forbe's list include African leaders who are internationalists such as the Dos Santos family in Angola.

The entire clip is interesting but the story on Dos Santos start there.
That would be like white people owning 2 houses in california :patrice: I can see that
Yeah but Black people aren't owning much
Blacks make up 13% of the population but only got 6% of the mortgages last year

TNOT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
If you own a home and are married and contributed/contribute to a retirement fund for at least twenrty your family is probably worth a mil in assets.

I'm in my late thirties, wife is 5 yrs younger. We both work for fortune 500s. We have rentals and both have a retirement fund. We're close to having a million dollars in assets.

We are nowhere close to making a million dollars a year of our assets. That's a big difference. That's my definition of a millionaire