10/15 ESPN: "First effort wasn't great so we have to do it again mate" Devin Haney vs George Kambosos Jr 2 (Undisputed Lightweight Championship)

Who Wins?

• Kambosos KO-TKO-DQ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Haney-Kambosos Draw

• Kambosos Decision

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Because I said it was a great performance overall. I don't need to be swayed by the media to note that Haney holds and clinches too much, I can see it with my own 2 fukking eyes. I can post that Haney had a great performance while also noting what I had an issue with, if this is gonna get you in your feelings everytime(this is not the first time you've quoted me with some goofy shyt regarding Haney), then you're gonna need to get over yourself and stop being sensitive.
I think majority of those holds actually was initiated by George whom was out of position when he was trying to counter punch. A lot of the holds is haney holding him by the neck.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Calm down on the clinching whining..Fury did alot of that shyt when he beat Klitcho...Hopkins relied on it as he got older...Hatton got punked by Floyd he tried to clinch and inside fight..lol.

Haney beat the guy so bad he busted the side of his head open. Squash match. It was a joke.

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Calm down on the clinching whining..Fury did alot of that shyt when he beat Klitcho...Hopkins relied on it as he got older...Hatton got punked by Floyd he tried to clinch and inside fight..lol.

Haney beat the guy so bad he busted the side of his head open. Squash match. It was a joke.
And guess what, those fighters got criticized for it too. Some of you nikkas act like children being protective of your favorite pro wrestlers when fighters you like get the slightest bit of criticism. Nobody is saying Haney is trash, nobody is saying he wasn't dominant or didn't win, just aesthetically it can be a turnoff for ME.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
And guess what, those fighters got criticized for it too. Some of you nikkas act like children being protective of your favorite pro wrestlers when fighters you like get the slightest bit of criticism. Nobody is saying Haney is trash, nobody is saying he wasn't dominant or didn't win, just aesthetically it can be a turnoff for ME.
Watch yourself, child. I'm above such criticisms. I've watched all of those fights top to bottom...Haney skillfully controlled the ring, distance, frustrated Kambosas. He did get some inside rights on Haney but it didn't stun him nor made any difference. Pure domination. Haney is a top 5 p4p guy. No doubt about it. He's above Tank, Loma currently.

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because I said it was a great performance overall. I don't need to be swayed by the media to note that Haney holds and clinches too much, I can see it with my own 2 fukking eyes. I can post that Haney had a great performance while also noting what I had an issue with, if this is gonna get you in your feelings everytime(this is not the first time you've quoted me with some goofy shyt regarding Haney), then you're gonna need to get over yourself and stop being sensitive.
I just don't understand your aim. Who watches an undisputed fight where a guy lands over 200 punches with blood splattering everywhere and leads with a "complaint"? Your energy is weird. Sounds like you let this racist media convince you that black fighters have to be graded on a harder scale. Haney out there posting 34-1 punch landed stats in a round.....straight putting on a show. And just cause you saw a ESPN graphic, you out here saying he excessively held. Weird energy.

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
I agree that in the first fight Haney did a lot of holding but this fight was a normal fight clinching wise and Kambosas was doing more clinching after falling in. That was straight ESPN propaganda because clinching wasn’t even a factor. This was the best I seen Haney.

Haney beat that man from pillar to post and showed a different level, seems like he took that P4P snub to heart as he should have.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
I agree that in the first fight Haney did a lot of holding but this fight was a normal fight clinching wise and Kambosas was doing more clinching after falling in. That was straight ESPN propaganda because clinching wasn’t even a factor. This was the best I seen Haney.

Haney beat that man from pillar to post and showed a different level, seems like he took that P4P snub to heart as he should have.
Yeah he was totally different this fight, first fight he would duck and hold when kambosos was coming in. This fight kambosos was off balanced after getting countered and would drop unbalanced which is why devin had neck holds

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just don't understand your aim. Who watches an undisputed fight where a guy lands over 200 punches with blood splattering everywhere and leads with a "complaint"? Your energy is weird. Sounds like you let this racist media convince you that black fighters have to be graded on a harder scale. Haney out there posting 34-1 punch landed stats in a round.....straight putting on a show. And just cause you saw a ESPN graphic, you out here saying he excessively held. Weird energy.
Yea you're a goofy ass champside bot, to the ignore list you go

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps

Read my mind.

Dev beats this dude bloody and That retarded azz never before seen ESPN "clinching stat" just randomly appeared out of nowhere all a sudden, now its "well yeah he actually clinches too much hes got to stop that":ohhh:
Even though he actually WORKS in the clinch and gets shots in.

Meanwhile Loma could do absolutely nothing for 8 rounds and they telling us we should be entertained by his elite downloading ability and telekenetic disruption techniques.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Haney-Kambosos Rematch Watched By An Average Of 935,000 Viewers On ESPN

BY KEITH IDEC
Published Wed Oct 19, 2022, 01:16 PM EDT
The one-sided nature of their first fight and direct competition from a boxing pay-per-view show apparently impacted viewership of the Devin Haney-George Kambosos Jr. rematch Saturday night on ESPN.

Nielsen Media Research revealed that their second 135-pound championship match drew an average audience of 935,000. Viewership peaked at 970,000 for a main event that ended approximately five minutes before Deontay Wilder’s first-round knockout of Robert Helenius began on FOX Sports Pay-Per-View.

A portion of the second Haney-Kambosos bout aired at the same time as FOX Sports Pay-Per-View’s co-feature, which resulted in Caleb Plant’s spectacular ninth-round knockout of Anthony Dirrell.

Nielsen’s numbers include only viewers who watched Haney-Kambosos II on ESPN’s English-language linear channel. Audience totals for those who viewed it on ESPN Deportes or ESPN+, the network’s streaming service, aren’t tracked by Nielsen and aren’t released by ESPN.

The buy rate for the four-fight Wilder-Helenius pay-per-view show, which cost $74.99, was not known at the time this story was posted.

The first bout between Haney (29-0, 15 KOs) and Kambosos (20-2, 10 KOs) drew an average audience of 1,322,000 and a peak audience of 1,351,000 four months ago. Haney, of Henderson, Nevada, easily out-boxed Kambosos in that fight, which took place June 5 at Marvel Stadium in Melbourne, Australia, won a 12-round unanimous decision and became boxing’s first fully unified lightweight champion of the four-belt era.

Though Haney defeated Sydney’s Kambosos comfortably on all three scorecards (118-110, 116-112, 116-112), the Oakland native was contractually obligated to grant Kambosos an immediate rematch in Australia as part of a multi-fight contract Haney signed with promoter Bob Arum’s Top Rank Inc. in March.

Haney beat up Kambosos worse in their second meeting, in which the 23-year-old champion was more aggressive and connected with more power punches. He won by scores of 119-109, 118-110 and 118-110 on Saturday night at Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne.

Both Haney-Kambosos bouts took place on Sunday afternoons local time, but those fights aired live in prime time on Saturday nights in the United States.