10 Years Later, Is Dark Knight Still The Best?

Is Dark Knight Still The Best?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
There's no comic book movie close to The Dark Knight...because The Dark Knight was simply a great movie. It can't really even be confined as a comic book movie to me.

Marvel has done an excellent job with the MCU...but it still feels like live action comic books. And to their credit, that's why they are beating the DCEU or even Fox...it feels true to the comics with some tweaking to do well in live action.

However...even if there was no Batman comic, and someone randomly decided to make a movie about a vigilante who dressed up as a bat, it would stand alone and be one of the greatest movies of all time still.

For me it's the following

1. The Dark Knight
2. Ironman
3. Infinity War
4. Batman Begins
5. Logan
6. Winter Soldier
7. Deadpool
8. Days of the Future Past/First Class (I Thought Fassbender delivered an Oscar nomination worthy performance in First Class, but 'Days' had the better story, especially the Rogue Cut)
9. The Dark Knight Rises
10. Dr. Strange
11. Spiderman 2
12. Blade
13. Superman 2
14. Man of Steel (Yeah, I said it...movie was flames outside of that retarded scene where his pops died)
15. Thor Ragnarok

Last edited:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's no comic book movie close to The Dark Knight...because The Dark Knight was simply a great movie. It can't really even be confined as a comic book movie to me.

Marvel has done an excellent job with the MCU...but it still feels like live action comic books. And to their credit, that's why they are beating the DCEU or even Fox...it feels true to the comics with some tweaking to do well in live action.

However...even if there was no Batman comic, and someone randomly decided to make a movie about a vigilante who dressed up as a bat, it would stand alone and be one of the greatest movies of all time still.

For me it's the following

1. The Dark Knight
2. Ironman
3. Infinity War
4. Batman Begins
5. Logan
6. Winter Soldier
7. Deadpool
8. Days of the Future Past/First Class (I Thought Fassbender delivered an Oscar nomination worthy performance in First Class, but 'Days' had the better story, especially the Rogue Cut)
9. The Dark Knight Rises
10. Dr. Strange
11. Spiderman 2
12. Blade
13. Superman 2
14. Man of Steel (Yeah, I said it...movie was flames outside of that retarded scene where his pops died)
15. Thor Ragnarok
Road to Peredition is way up there. Along with History of Violence. Hellboy 1 & 2 are around the level of Blade 1 & 2, I feel

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Road to Peredition is way up there. Along with History of Violence. Hellboy 1 & 2 are around the level of Blade 1 & 2, I feel

Road to Perdition I don't consider a comic.

Hellboy 1 and 2...while good and the aesthetic is nice...but I don't hold a candle to me, to the movies I listed.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I absolutely despise the "it's not just a great comic book movie, it's a great movie altogether" argument. People basically admitting they hold different standards for different genres and throwing them under the bus is just disgusting to me. Nobody says "this wasn't just a great western, it was a great movie". Nobody says "this wasn't just a great comedy, it was a great movie". This box thinking is what has been hurting the genre the most, to the point folks don't want to recognize or acknowledge films like Road To Perdition as a comic book movie because of this false perception of what people think a comic book movie is (eg. it has to be a superhero movie).