Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC

20. Drake “Push Ups” (2024)

19. Eminem “Nail in the Coffin” (2002)

18. Jadakiss “Freestyle (fukk Beanie Sigel)” (2001)

17. Beanie Sigel “Kiss the Game Goodbye Freestyle” aka “Empire Strikes Back Freestyle” (2001)

16. Jadakiss “Checkmate” (2005)

15. Canibus “Second Round K.O.” (1998)

14. Boogie Down Productions “The Bridge Is Over” (1987)

13. Kendrick Lamar “Euphoria” (2024)

12. The Game “300 Bars N Runnin’” (2005)

11. Dr. Dre feat. Snoop Dogg “fukk wit Dre Day (And Everybody’s Celebratin’)” (1992)

10. Future & Metro Boomin feat. Kendrick Lamar “Like That” (2024)

Over Metro’s electrifying canvas, K. Dotasserts his authority over his rivals, Drakeand J. Cole.

9. Lauryn Hill “Lost Ones” (1997)

L-Boogie breaks up with her boo, Wyclef, and disbands the Fugees at the same damn time.

8. Common “The bytch in Yoo” (1996)

The Chi-Town lyricist cleverly assassinates and violates O’Shea Jackson.

7. Ice Cube “No Vaseline” (1991)

This deadly declaration of independence buried N.W.A and elevated Cube’s successful solo career.

6. Pusha T “The Story of Adidon” (2018)

King Push sinisterly exposes Drake’s unknown child to the world.

5. JAY-Z “Takeover” (2001)

Jigga asserts his King of New York dominance while putting Prodigy in his place and Nas on notice.

4. Drake “Back to Back” (2015)

It’s a diss song and a hit song as Drizzyseizes the moment and makes Meek Millpay for his hesitancy to battle.

3. Kendrick Lamar “Not Like Us” (2024)

King Kendrick defeats Drake by giving him a taste of his own medicine. Victory lap.

2. Nas “Ether” (2001)

Hip Hop’s greatest upset as Nasir Jonescements his legendary status.

1. 2Pac “Hit ‘Em Up” (1996)

Still our culture’s most vicious soundtrack which sadly leads to real-life casualties.

CP3.

Mr Solo Dolo
Daps
There's no way any track Kendrick released against Drake is better than what Pusha did. This is why I don't fukk with Kendrick. Media publications just glaze like crazy.

One dude was rapping about a fake daughter that didn't exist and the other exposed a very real child and forced dude to step up and be a dad ffs :mjlol:

Also how tf is Ether not #1. nikkas literally still refer to ether to this day. It became part of the everyday vocabulary like Stan for example.

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
I just want people to know this was put together by Elliott Wilson fakkit ass

The Complex one reads like he came up with it.

Here's how they talk about Ether and Takeover.

Ether:

After Jay-Z dropped "Takeover," a sleeping giant was awoken in Nas, giving God's Son the kick in the ass he needed to get his career back on track. Where "Takeover" was prepared like a finely written essay, "Ether" was more like a lunchroom taunt.

After the classic "fukk Jay-Z" vocal sample, a far more vile Nas went in, calling Jay-Z a camel, accusing "Gay Z" of being a Nas stan, and questioning Hov on his overuse of recycled B.I.G. lyrics. So vicious was the attack that "ether" has now become a verb in the hip-hop lexicon, and the song was arguably the launching pad Nas used to revive his at-the-time waning influence.
Takeover:
Jay-Z and Nas had a longstanding rivalry and were engaged in a silent power struggle for years, but the shots remained (somewhat) subliminal until Jay-Z called out Nas on stage at Hot 97's Summer Jam in 2001: "Ask Nas he don't want it with Hov." Nas subsequently took the bait and dissed Jay on his "Stillmatic" freestyle, prompting Jay to unleash the classic "Takeover."

Jay's response was crafted more like an essay than an actual battle rap, with Hov introducing the argument, analyzing the data, raising counter-arguments, and then concluding. Prodigy of Mobb Deep was dissed on the second verse, but this was dramatically overshadowed by Jay's beef with Nas. Hov's shots at P focused on his small stature, smaller record sales, and the infamous "ballerina" pic he flashed on the screen at Summer Jam 2001.

The Nas portion was far more brutal, attacking Nas' descent from hip-hop's top MC list to a guy who was now being out-rapped on posse cuts by his bodyguard. Jay went on to clown Nas' catalog, and on the final line alluded to sexing Nas' baby-mother, Carmen Bryan. Many speculated Nas' career would be finished after "Takeover," and some believe Prodigy was never able to recover.

:mjlol: I'm a former Jigga Warrior. Sounds like I wrote this when I was 19.