1000 deaths today. No turning back

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Coronavirus News: New guidelines for EMS in NYC show grim reality of COVID-19 pandemic

Wednesday, April 1, 2020 11:38PMNEW YORK CITY (WABC) -- New guidance for EMS in New York City and Long Island says that patients in cardiac arrest should not be transported to the hospital if they cannot be saved in the field.

The hospitals in New York are overrun with coronavirus infections and emergency rooms are trying to minimize the number of difficult arrivals.

"It almost seems like it's never stopping, people keep coming and coming and coming and there's just no space to put them," said ER Dr. Darien Sutton.

City officials have released stark new guidance to equally overworked ambulance crews, effective immediately, if they can't resuscitate a patient in the field, they must withhold CPR and declare the person dead.

They can no longer continue to the hospital.

"These orders are binding and the FDNY will devise a plan for implementation," said Deputy Fire Commissioner Frank Dwyer.

The new approach shows how stretched thin EMS and hospitals are.

"When you're doing the CPR, you're pushing really hard on the patient's chest and they're expelling some air in the process as well, so if they are COVID patients, they'll be spreading it all around," said Dr. Vinayak Kumar with the Mayo Clinic. "This is the risk-benefit math you have to take into account."

The orders to stop CPR in the field is shocking to veteran doctors who are used to doing whatever it takes to save a life.

"As a doctor in New York and as a New Yorker, I have family that live here, and when I hear things like that I obviously get afraid, fearful for the livelihood of my family," Sutton said. "It is terrifying, it is really terrifying."

:picard:

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
What you posted doesn’t take away from what I posted you do know that? If the flu was on tv using the same numbers and trackers and the like folks would be running up to the hospital more too. You think folks don’t get scared when they see things on tv? Heck that’s why a lot of people look up every little ache online and spook themselves out. I’m not saying this shyt don’t exist but I truly think this is just some flu type thing for most instead of some killer virus. Heck even the people y’all want to believe say as much so I don’t see where I’m being to crazy saying some of this hysteria is from the coverage in the media.

We not going to agree and that’s cool but I do appreciate your replies good sir. Have a great one.

nikkas post some dumb shyt and then just leave lmfao

Counter Racist Male

Retired poster and occasional lurker
Daps
Reppin
MYSELF
1000 deaths per day
Millions unemployed
still just the beginning
And a small chunk of the population are not on code and want to reopen the country for the economy
plus that 2nd wave during traditional flu season is waiting in the cut
My guys, the odds are stacked against yall. This gonna be rough.

The beginning of pangs of distress.

Is it me or have they already made black folk the face of Covid19?

TheBigBopper

Banned
Daps
Everyone watch this. This guy is a professor of medicine and epidemiology. We closed down the whole country for nothing and the financial ramifications (personal bankruptcy, widespread unemployment, healthy people who will become sick because they won’t be able to afford healthcare, suicides, permanent structural changes in socioeconomic mobility) are far worse than ~200k Americans dying who likely would have died within 24 months anyway.