Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
Yeah, and I'll have no problem with the booking if Punk does indeed turn heel here (I think it would be far too early to do that, though. He hasn't even been in the company for 3 months). But Eddie's acting like the world owes him something in storyline, and Punk being kind of a dikk about the situation doesn't change the fact that this is an issue totally of Eddie's own making.

Like, Eddie has a title match against Miro where he exploits his weakness, and when it doesn't work immediately, he doesn't go back to it (as Fuego del Sol and Sammy Guevara did). Instead, he tries to cheat, gets mad at Bryce Remsburg for doing his job and stopping him, loses, then blames Remsburg for losing?

Then Eddie has a critical match against Danielson where, beforehand, Danielson points out exactly what I said in my last post. He proceeds to put Danielson on the ropes several times, but can't capitalize due to his lack of conditioning (among other reasons), gets choked out, then takes out his frustrations by getting in Punk's face and trying to fight him? In storyline, Punk showed incredible restraint in not hitting him until the very end of that promo battle.

Like I said, if it goes the other way, I'm fine with it since the crowd loves Eddie and Punk is an all-time great heel. But I'm just not seeing it the way many others do right now.
It’s finally the kind of feud Punk needs because it feels like a real life conflict. Neither guy comes off as a total face or heel in alignment (even though Punk is the face here to me) which makes sense. A real life conflict would be more understandable and nuanced than your usual wrestling fair

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
"Who would win in a fight" is such a stupid way to look at pro wrestling shyt, but lmao the idea of old as hell looking Punk in his dad jeans and hoodie looked like he would have been absolutely REKT by Eddie at any and all times.

King Kai

Supporter
Daps
"Who would win in a fight" is such a stupid way to look at pro wrestling shyt, but lmao the idea of old as hell looking Punk in his dad jeans and hoodie looked like he would have been absolutely REKT by Eddie at any and all times.
On a partially related note, Punk should just rock the look he had at starrcast before he signed with the dub. He looks significantly older now than he did then and it wasn't even very long ago.

01-cm-punk-best-in-the-world-starrcast-III.jpg

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
On a partially related note, Punk should just rock the look he had at starrcast before he signed with the dub. He looks significantly older now than he did then and it wasn't even very long ago.

01-cm-punk-best-in-the-world-starrcast-III.jpg

The bags under that dude's eyes are so wrinkly it's wild. He looks a good 8-10 years older than he is facially at this point.