Votes: 26 52.0%
  • Michael Chandler

Votes: 11 22.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RARI_Godwind

St. BAWGustine - DarkSkxxxn
Daps
Brehs making good points in here. I raise you. Usman and Colby kinda two sides of the same coin but one has WAY more power than the other.

There’s plenty of fighters than can do what Colby did on the feet but they’d get ground into the dirt by Usman’s wrestling. Edwards may have improved in his abilities enough to take it, but he plays the safe route, does most of his dirt in the clinch, and is mostly a comeback kid in terms of hurting his opponents with strikes. He also literally got caught with the same sequence Usman put Masvidal out with and was almost slept by Nate fukking Diaz in the 5th:scust:

I think Vicente Luque is his worst match up as his ground game would prevent Usman from wanting to shoot in and his striking in general is superb but his counter striking is masterful:ohlawd: probably won’t get the shot but that’s the most compelling match up to me. He should be calling for the Colby or Khamzat fight.

Last edited:

killacal

Banned
Daps
Colby needs to fight other contenders now, wild that the Usman fights are sandwiched around old and washed Woodley and Lawler. So many dudes in the top 10 he needs to fight.
He won't fight burns or chimaev or Vincente

Hell lose to any of the 3 and never get to see Usman again

Which is bad for ppv according to Dana and Usman

DerrtySouthpaw

Gawdisbyke
Daps
Reppin
404 to 205
Wonderboy gets hurt damn near every fight
If usman decides to stand up at the end like he did for Colby he’s in much greater danger. Colby hasn’t fought anyone currently in the top 10. I just use wonderboy as example cause I still think he’s an elite striker in this division. But usman has to wrestle more and stop trying to stand up.

LastManStanding

Veteran
Daps
giphy.webp

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Brehs making good points in here. I raise you. Usman and Colby kinda two sides of the same coin but one has WAY more power than the other.

There’s plenty of fighters than can do what Colby did on the feet but they’d get ground into the dirt by Usman’s wrestling. Edwards may have improved in his abilities enough to take it, but he plays the safe route, does most of his dirt in the clinch, and is mostly a comeback kid in terms of hurting his opponents with strikes. He also literally got caught with the same sequence Usman put Masvidal with and was almost slept by Nate fukking Diaz in the 5th:scust:

I think Vicente Luque is his worst match up as his ground game would prevent Usman from wanting to shoot in and his striking in general is superb but his counter striking is masterful:ohlawd: probably won’t get the shot but that’s the most compelling match up to me. He should be calling for the Colby or Khamzat fight.

Both Luque's losses he has been taken down and controlled for long periods of time. The fight with Chiesa showed you can't get careless but Usman is much more focused on control then finishes when he takes people down.
Luque is interesting cause he's always dangerous and has bazookas for hands but if I'm looking at the fight objectively I think it's much more likely he gets taken down and controlled for 5 rounds

If usman decides to stand up at the end like he did for Colby he’s in much greater danger. Colby hasn’t fought anyone currently in the top 10. I just use wonderboy as example cause I still think he’s an elite striker in this division. But usman has to wrestle more and stop trying to stand up.

He stood the last 3 fights cause
1. Burns is the best grappler in the division outside Maia. Legit elite black belt that competed and won tournaments at a high level, not your normal black belt
2. He already proved he could wrestle Masvidal easily if he wanted to in fight 1
3. Him and Colby's wrestling cancel each other out. No use wasting energy going for take downs you won't get

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Sherfront trying to say Colby won :russ:
Colby did well but it's the same problem he had in the first fight. He doesn't have the pop in his shots to get it done.

Someone that has won 15 UFC fights in a row is food?
That's one off Anderson's record

He has his flaws but he still gets it done every time
I'm not trying to take away from Usman's accomplishments at all. But where he is now and the guys that are likely next on his plate? Its not looking good unless he tightens way up. Someone just said that Burns was a good win and Usman almost got knocked the fukk out then too.

He's had Woodley, Masvidal x 2, Colby x 2 over this last stretch. This ain't some all-star lineup he's been knocking off lately. And I would feel *entirely* different if he was doing what got him to the belt in the first place. Dude is trying to act like he's some elite striker and that's not the case at all. He's been playing dangerous for a minute now. I don't know if its Edwards again or not but Usman really gotta accept the danger of how he's trying present himself these days.

If he gets in there with a real striker trying this same shyt, will he even remember he has wrestling? Sometimes you just get slumped and stopped and that's it. All I'm saying.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not trying to take away from Usman's accomplishments at all. But where he is now and the guys that are likely next on his plate? Its not looking good unless he tightens way up. Someone just said that Burns was a good win and Usman almost got knocked the fukk out then too.

He's had Woodley, Masvidal x 2, Colby x 2 over this last stretch. This ain't some all-star lineup he's been knocking off lately. And I would feel *entirely* different if he was doing what got him to the belt in the first place. Dude is trying to act like he's some elite striker and that's not the case at all. He's been playing dangerous for a minute now. I don't know if its Edwards again or not but Usman really gotta accept the danger of how he's trying present himself these days.

If he gets in there with a real striker trying this same shyt, will he even remember he has wrestling? Sometimes you just get slumped and stopped and that's it. All I'm saying.
i think your overreacting, hes fighting to the weakness of his opponents. i dont think he stands that much with edwards

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
in a REAL fight? ... absolutely no chance. Usman will kill him.

but in a play "fight" with pillows on their hands (aka boxing) and limited activity allowed? ... sure.... Canelo would win.
You sound like those corny ass cacs on Sherdog, smh @ calling a sport where people die play fighting

The Plug

plug couldnt trust you now u cant trust the plug
Daps
Bruhs, I just watched Canelo right before this. That MMA striking is disgusting. Usman did his thing but the weird punch and ducking your head like you're about to headbutt someone is terrible.

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
I just don’t get how you can call yourself a fighter and be sorry ass hell throwing hands. Petr Yan got the best hands and boxing technique it seems.

Bruhs, I just watched Canelo right before this. That MMA striking is disgusting. Usman did his thing but the weird punch and ducking your head like you're about to headbutt someone is terrible.

morris

Superstar
Daps
AllHail KingRoseColby had a stomachache, he stumped his toe, Mercury was in retrograde, there was a full moon, he was hungry, he didn’t sleep 8 hours, blah blah blah