[12/15/23] ROH Final Battle: Danielson returns to ROH; Athena vs. Starkz; Keith Lee vs. Shane Taylor; Survival of the Fittest for the TV title

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Its a shame her run has been so overlooked/underappreciated. Hopefully it will lead to her getting a look with at least the TBS title one day.
It really has been outstanding both in the ring and with the story with Billie Starkz and Lexy Nair.

AKM-95

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Parts Unknown
It really has been outstanding both in the ring and with the story with Billie Starkz and Lexy Nair.
Lexy nair has alot more character/charisma than I thought. I think she's better on screen as a personality than a interviewer I hope TK gives Mackenzie Mitchell a call and.let Lexy move on screen

as for Athena it's weird she probably should be TBS champ right now but I feel they jumped right over willow to give the belt to starks.its hard to get behind starks when you see how over willow is each episode TK probably should of moved willow fulltime to AEW.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Lexy nair has alot more character/charisma than I thought. I think she's better on screen as a personality than a interviewer I hope TK gives Mackenzie Mitchell a call and.let Lexy move on screen

as for Athena it's weird she probably should be TBS champ right now but I feel they jumped right over willow to give the belt to starks.its hard to get behind starks when you see how over willow is each episode TK probably should of moved willow fulltime to AEW.
ROH has been good for Nair to grow more comfortable in her role. Like anyone else with an on-screen role, she just needed the reps, and being involved in a story instead of just being an interviewer accelerated the development.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Haven't watched a min of ROH but I'm in. These ppvs be hitting
I watch sporadically, mostly just see highlights on the ROH socials and whatever other people post on Twitter. But I’ve paid close attention to the Athena and Billie Starkz stuff.

It’s starting to get better with a more utilitarian direction by trending more toward a developmental territory and rehabilitation for veterans product. Still a lot of work to be done in that regard but progress is progress.

Most of the ROH belts largely not being on ROH TV is just so fukking stupid though.

But it’s better than what it was when the nuROH weekly product was when it first started where it was basically just ROH Dark.

The Athena and Billie Starkz story has been outstanding though. By all accounts it’s highly praised by everyone that watches ROH.

And here’s my spiel regarding that…

But here’s the problem with that. Everyone keeps saying people will care more about women’s wrestling in AEW when the stories get good.

Well here’s a good story going on in ROH. Better than nearly every story in AEW this year. And people aren’t putting their money where their mouth is because the ticket sales are horrendous compared to other nuROH PPVs.

Hell, even some of the non-shock jock radio/podcast guys that hate on the general lack of story in AEW are praising the Toni Storm gimmick/story.

But what continually loses chunks of viewers every week? Toni Storm quarters. So once again, people not putting their money where their mouth is.

So how can you expect the women’s booking to get better when even the stuff that is roundly praised is only moving the needle in the wrong direction?

WHolla09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I watch sporadically, mostly just see highlights on the ROH socials and whatever other people post on Twitter. But I’ve paid close attention to the Athena and Billie Starkz stuff.

It’s starting to get better with a more utilitarian direction by trending more toward a developmental territory and rehabilitation for veterans product. Still a lot of work to be done in that regard but progress is progress.

Most of the ROH belts largely not being on ROH TV is just so fukking stupid though.

But it’s better than what it was when the nuROH weekly product was when it first started where it was basically just ROH Dark.

The Athena and Billie Starkz story has been outstanding though. By all accounts it’s highly praised by everyone that watches ROH.

And here’s my spiel regarding that…

But here’s the problem with that. Everyone keeps saying people will care more about women’s wrestling in AEW when the stories get good.

Well here’s a good story going on in ROH. Better than nearly every story in AEW this year. And people aren’t putting their money where their mouth is because the ticket sales are horrendous compared to other nuROH PPVs.

Hell, even some of the non-shock jock radio/podcast guys that hate on the general lack of story in AEW are praising the Toni Storm gimmick/story.

But what continually loses chunks of viewers every week? Toni Storm quarters. So once again, people not putting their money where their mouth is.

So how can you expect the women’s booking to get better when even the stuff that is roundly praised is only moving the needle in the wrong direction?
Doesn’t help that TK hypes up Everything else but that match on AEW except this one. I saw the Keith Lee/Shane Taylor video package and them hyping the Ethan Page/Tony Neese match on Collision and pretty much they don’t mean anything in AEW and is not the main event of ROH. Maybe I missed an Athena video package on tv somewhere. If it wasn’t for internet reports, I wouldn’t even know the match was happening or that they uploaded a 3 hr YouTube video explaining the storyline. You would think they would highlight their main event and their biggest storyline a little bit more than a Tony Neese match, eventhough he’s a game changer.

I can understand the BCC/FTR&Brisco match being hyped due to star power, but hopefully Athena has Triple H’s number when her contract runs out

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
GBFo05bW4AIvkCL

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Excited for the I Quit match. Love Ethan Page and I Quit is probably my favorite match stipulation ever