12/16 DAZN: Jesse Rodriguez vs Sunny Edwards (IBF & WBO Flyweight Titles)

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
:why:
How? Inoue is at 122 ffs, Bam just unified 3 divisions south and the highest he was is 115.
I don’t call Compubox true statistics but still wouldn’t expect a casual take like this from its creator

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
It’s idiotic
im with you Res..im not feeling those talks either..its the same feeling i get when ppl mention Monster vs Tank..thats worse...Bam has actually looks for the smoke with the best in his division lol..monster has more than enough ppl he can fight around his division

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
im with you Res..im not feeling those talks either..its the same feeling i get when ppl mention Monster vs Tank..thats worse...Bam has actually looks for the smoke with the best in his division lol..monster has more than enough ppl he can fight around his division
I know but I don’t expect anything less from hypebeast ass Chris Mannix.

Always thought it’s problematic that the channels and streaming platforms that cover boxing think it’s more important for a commentator to do extended marketing and hype their own stars, future events, etc. than to actually call the action well and provide sound analysis. I get that they need the marketing too but the emphasis is on the wrong place.

That’s why we often see extremely poor, unprepared, biased commentary work nowadays. Showtime’s team was the best but even them were awful at times like e.g. the Lubin vs Ramos fight where their cheerleading was so annoying I had to turn off the sound. Like yeah WE GET IT, you hyped Ramos all the way up to be this future superstar and you don’t want to look stupid now but idgaf, just call the action, everybody would be better off.
I hope Amazon-PBC will have a good team but my hopes are not high.

I like Bradley as an analyst too, him and Algieri are probably the best ones from the new generation (so guys who are not 70 yet lol) but even him can fall into the mistake if cheerleading or just simply deciding that a fight’s “story” is going one way and doesn’t want to notice when it changes.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
He didn’t fight like a bytch tho, he showed up.
I don’t have a problem if someone just boxes on the outside, sometimes it’s the only way. But I think he recognized very early this time is different. He got used to have the faster, sharper punche and the better movement but Bam was on another level in all of these.

So he got left with the only option of catching Bam w something during exchanges but he’s not the combination puncher Bam is and he doesn’t have enough one-shot pop at this level. He tried the only way he could and he got pasted, fair play but he still got clobbered after his heavy shyt talk :heh: