12-Year-Old Suspended From Worcester Middle School for Hugging Gym Teacher

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
12-Year-Old Suspended From Worcester Middle School for Hugging Gym Teacher
"I don't expect the teacher to have to be OK with being touched or being hugged, but I do expect as an educator that she educate what the boundaries are in her classroom"
By Alysha Palumbo
Published 3 hours ago | Updated 25 minutes ago

A 12-year-old student in Worcester, Massachusetts, has been suspended for hugging a gym teacher.

The foster mother of the Forest Grove Middle School student is asking for change after the boy was suspended for 10 days and given a record of physical assault of a teacher.

"I was told he had put his hands on a teacher," said Julie Orozco. "I was shocked and asked for details on what happened, and then I was told that he hugged his gym teacher."

"At the end of the day, I just hugged her, nothing really happened," the seventh-grader said.

Top News: Turkey, Kurds Battle Over Key Border Town, More
https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/multimedia/Top-News-238427591.html
GettyImages-1175967348.jpg

https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/multimedia/Top-News-238427591.html
Delil Souleiman/AFP via Getty Images
NBC10 Boston is not identifying the 12-year-old boy, but Orozco says he fully admits he was fooling around with friends in gym class when the teacher told him to sit out.

"And then I went over just like, and I gave her a hug and said, 'Please, I don't want to sit out' because I like the game," he said.

After sitting out for five minutes, the teacher allowed him to play.

Orozco says it wasn't until the next period that he was called to the principal's office.

"I don't expect the teacher to have to be OK with being touched or being hugged, but I do expect as an educator that she educate what the boundaries are in her classroom," Orozco said.

She says after several phone calls, emails and an eventual hearing, she got his school record reduced to "disruption of school" and his suspension reduced to four days. But she says there's nothing in the school handbook about hugs and she doesn't want this incident to be held against him in the future.

"If you can admit to me that you didn't have a mechanism or a process, or any way of informing students what your expectations were, but then in the same breath you say to me, 'He's 12, he should know hugs are not OK,' it's confounding," Orozco said.

Reached by phone, the school district's safety director said the district has no comment on the matter.

Orozco has been invited by the school committee to speak at their meeting Thursday about what her son is going through.
12-Year-Old Suspended for Hugging Teacher

killacal

Banned
Daps
I had my math teacher in 11 grade sit on my lap during class put her titties in front of my face and asked how my day was:gucci:

bytch looked like Sara Palin too

Whole class was :dwillhuh::scust:and she hopped off and continued class like nothing happened:mjlol:

She wanted a young hooping nikka:mjlit:

Not on that salary bytch :huhldup:
I can buy myself subway :francis:

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
I smacked my Gym teacher's ass and got suspended :mjlol:

But we were fukking playing basketball doing drills and shyt. Everybody does it, it's a common trope in sports

She was a thick ass MILF too tho :wow:

nikka what made u think it was a good idea to smack your coach's ass? a female one at that?:heh:

:dead:

Last edited:

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Screen-Shot-2019-10-14-at-11.03.38-PM.png

A mother is fighting to remove a suspension from the record of her son, who she said was removed from school for four days last month because he hugged his female gym teacher during class. Julie Orozco, who has been the boy’s foster parent since March, said he is a seventh-grader at Forest Grove Middle School. On Sept. 27 the gym class was playing dodgeball when the teacher gave her son a brief time out for “goofing off” with his friends, she said; however, he didn’t want to leave the game.

According to Orozco, the boy approached the teacher, put his arms around her, and said, “Please let me stay in the game.” He would later describe it as a joke in his own written account, she said. Orozco says the teacher resisted the hug, but that the class went on normally afterward. However, when her son went to his next class, he was called to the main office and told he would be punished for the incident, she said.

In a meeting with Superintendent Maureen Binienda and other district officials on Friday morning, Orozco said, she was specifically told the hug was too “tight, forceful and aggressive,” and that a 12-year-old should have known it was inappropriate.

“Their (the school’s) story seems to constantly evolve to match what he’s being accused of,” she said, adding that the school initially described the encounter as just a hug, without that more negative description. “But not my son’s – his story has been consistent since day one.”

Binienda communicated through her office on Friday that she had no comment on Orozco’s allegations. The boy was initially given a 10-day suspension, but Orozco said she was able to negotiate the punishment down to four days out of school. The recorded offense was also eventually downgraded from assault on staff to a general disruption of school, she said. But Orozco believes her son, who despite his difficult upbringing has had good grades and gotten into no trouble at Forest Grove otherwise, she said, shouldn’t have any mark on his record from the incident. “It makes him extremely vulnerable,” she said.

She also thinks the boy’s race – he is black, while the teacher is white, she said – might have been a factor in the school’s interpretation of the hug and subsequent punishment.

“I absolutely do,” she said, alleging he was told by a school administrator after the incident his hug even could be construed as sexual harassment.

Orozco acknowledged her son had a record of principal visits at his last school, Elm Park Community School.But she said that given the boy’s unstable home life at the time that behavior was explainable. She also argued that considering the district’s recent focus on emotional/social learning – the School Department has made a concerted effort to promote trauma-sensitive education in the last couple years – her son’s situation should have been an opportunity to teach, rather than punish him.

The ordeal has been tough on the boy, she said. When she picked him up at school the day of the incident, “when he saw me, he just started crying,” she said.

“The thing he kept saying (afterward) was, ‘I’m just so confused,’ ” she said. ” ‘If she didn’t want me to hug her, why didn’t she tell me that?’ ”

Ricky Fontaine

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol: what u out here smacking your female teachers ass too?:francis: i mean i was horny boy like any other teen age boy, but:picard: common sense bruh

:dame: "too?"

Nah breh. I have never in my life smacked a male on the ass. Not even when I played ball.

So you really mean to tell me that you were going around smacking adult men on the ass at school while you were supposed to be learning? :gucci:

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
:dame: "too?"

Nah breh. I have never in my life smacked a male on the ass. Not even when I played ball.

So you really mean to tell me that you were going around smacking adult men on the ass at school while you were supposed to be learning? :gucci:
:yeshrug: did it all the time, especially after a good play or something.

These two nikkas got ejected for it tho:russ:

Yo that ref wasnt having that shyt, get these two nikkas outta here :laff: