12 Years Ago Today.....

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I still like the album, mostly as gym music. I see the "filler" line thrown out a lot, but songs like Bloodhound or Make it to Heaven that aren't "classics" aren't filler to me nor do they hurt the album.

Exactly. It was a classic only if you go by its pop culture impact but not its musical quality.

Can anyone really say the quality of this album was on par with what we consider classics like The Chronic, Cuban Linx, Illmatic, Low End Theory, Reasonable Doubt, Nation of Millions, ATLiens, etc. in terms of musical quality? Please.

And those are extreme examples. It wasn't on par with stuff like Illadelph Halflife, 93 Til Infinity, Dah Shinin, Bizarre Ride II the Pharcyde, It Was Written, Doggystyle, Wu Tang Forever, One Day It'll All Make Sense, Hell On Earth, Moment of Truth, and Liquid Swords.

GRODT isn't as good as ATLiens or Dah Shinin, but all those albums are from different eras. If we compare it to Diplomatic Immunity, College Dropout, Late Registration, Lupe's first albums, the Black Album, Purple Haze(not my opinion here), The Documentary, etc it deserves the classic label.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
i still remember going to target the day off and it was flying off the shelves..

had to make sure mine had th DVD

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
I still like the album, mostly as gym music. I see the "filler" line thrown out a lot, but songs like Bloodhound or Make it to Heaven that aren't "classics" aren't filler to me nor do they hurt the album.

GRODT isn't as good as ATLiens or Dah Shinin, but all those albums are from different eras. If we compare it to Diplomatic Immunity, College Dropout, Late Registration, Lupe's first albums, the Black Album, Purple Haze(not my opinion here), The Documentary, etc it deserves the classic label.
GRODT isn't as good as Kanye's 1st two, The Black Album, or Lupe's first two either. And none of those are classics to me.

Capitol

Did this work
Daps

Nah. I regularly listen to those albums all the time. GRODT stopped being that good in my mind 1-2 years later. Listening to it in 2015?:camby:

torcher

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PHILLY #Byrdgang

Those are the standards for classic albums tho. We cant lower the bar just cuz its from a different era

Daps
Still bump this when I hit the gym, or even in the whip. every one's entitled to their own opinion, but fukk your opinion if you deny this is a classic.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
This is weird to say but that album is a culture classic but no a classic for whats actually on the album. The music was not up to par with what we usually think of when we talk about classic

THIS.

i call albums like this "impact classics" but i must admit that the term "culture classic" sounds a helluva lot better.

:ehh:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Naw. It was a little long in the tooth like a snoop album and the bad songs are really shytty, but he had some great songs on their that I would put above his great songs on GRODT. Ski mask way, Baltimore love song, Ryder music, get in my car, a little bit, I'm suppose to die, my hood. I think this is when sctot storch was working with dre and you can tell. Production was much better the the garbage dre was doing earlier in the decade with em

ehh i dont remember much from the album. i just remember it being weak.

sure it had some good songs on there, but a handful of hot songs out of 20 is a weak album.

you bigged up "lil bit" breh? that song was an embarrassment.