14 Facts That Prove Cartoons Were Better In The ‘80s

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Spongebob changed the game. First few seasons had actual quality writing.

The problem was when every cartoon tried to run with their formula now they're all hyper-retarded-fast-paced "comedy" cartoons. Cant have my kids watching that.

I was on the Ed Edd and Eddy/DBZ/Justice League type shyt. Sucks that theres no more quality ACTION cartoons that have a lesson at the end. Those shows really introduced you to grim shyt while showing you how to treat people.

^^^^ A lot of people could learn from Gundam but it never took off here.

SmokyQuartz

Young Skull
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL

90's baby.

Most of your cartoons are lower quality remakes/continuation of shyt we were watching.

The less good xmen
The less good spiderman
The less good TMNT
Less good versions of the justice league

And spongebob came out in the 90s :umad:

Name me something thats on par with Avatar the Last Airbender thats not from the 2000s :pachaha:

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
My era of cartoons was the best you uncultured cravens
8vrL674.gif

612192d5c27baa2dcd6f77ded971b118a7b86d4d_hq.gif

source.gif

giphy.gif

f6c2397a22005cf52971ea89f8fdcc12f0737e34_hq.gif

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

5825770-4914449251-giphy.gif

tumblr_mdfombVNdN1r3cvdco1_500.gif

xRpGJ.gif

output_cTVJZN.gif

source.gif

IM MISSING A LOT TOO CAUSE I'LL RUN OUT OF GIFS:lolbron:. No one can fukk with the 2000s lineup old nikkas:russ:
That X-Men and tmnt
fukking sucked:wow:

The OG 90s X-Men was better than all the X-Men movies and other cartoons combined:wow:

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC

90's baby.

Most of your cartoons are lower quality remakes/continuation of shyt we were watching.

The less good xmen
The less good spiderman
The less good TMNT
Less good versions of the justice league

And spongebob came out in the 90s :umad:

This

Most 90s cartoons were simply a cash in on already established franchises. And since they had already established fanbases they didn't spend the time and effort they did in the 80s to make them as quality. All they literally did was add a hiphop edge to 80s cartoons. Now TMNT and shyt got beatboxing and rapping on it.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Name me something thats on par with Avatar the Last Airbender thats not from the 2000s :pachaha:
Batman TAS, Spiderman TAS.

Avatar is it's own thing tho, it deserves it's props. I wasn't into it like my friends but it was one of those few american cartoons that had a story quality/approach. It's almost anime-ish in that respect.

Majority of american cartoons aren't story driven at all, either goofy comedy shows or monster of the week action shows.

SmokyQuartz

Young Skull
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Batman TAS, Spiderman TAS.

Avatar is it's own thing tho, it deserves it's props. I wasn't into it like my friends but it was one of those few american cartoons that had a story quality/approach. It's almost anime-ish in that respect.

Majority of american cartoons aren't story driven at all, either goofy comedy shows or monster of the week action shows.
Batman TAS is the only one that is on par with Avatar. Spiderman TAS? :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:. Spectacular Spider-man is light years ahead of TAS breh and when you say american cartoons aren't story driven your thinking that from your wack ass era. Ole main goal was to sell toys ass nikkas:mjlol:. Samurai Jack didn't have a story? Kim Possible didn't have a story?, TMNT(2003) didn't have a story?, etc. You know what fukk this lets watch Young Justice season one and the Transformers gen 1 and lets see who had the better story:comeon:. Lets watch an episode of Teen Titans and Thundercats and lets see who had the better story :skip:.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Batman TAS is the only one that is on par with Avatar. Spiderman TAS? :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:. Spectacular Spider-man is light years ahead of TAS breh and when you say american cartoons aren't story driven your thinking that from your wack ass era. Ole main goal was to sell toys ass nikkas:mjlol:. Samurai Jack didn't have a story? Kim Possible didn't have a story?, TMNT(2003) didn't have a story?, etc. You know what fukk this lets watch Young Justice season one and the Transformers gen 1 and lets see who had the better story:comeon:. Lets watch an episode of Teen Titans and Thundercats and lets see who had the better story :skip:.

You're still naming and comparing 80's shows despite me telling you I wasn't alive during the 80s. I truly am posting with some touched mfs on this site.

You do realize I'm young enough to have watched all the shyt you mentioned right?

Samurai Jack was monster of the week shyt and didn't become story driven until it was rebooted....in 2017

TMNT was monster of the week with an occasional arc here or there...It was a wack show overall anyway.

Most TT episodes were one off/monster of the week.

Kim possible :laff: You went full retard on me. This is what happens when you be civil and throw nikkas a bone smh.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
This

Most 90s cartoons were simply a cash in on already established franchises. And since they had already established fanbases they didn't spend the time and effort they did in the 80s to make them as quality. All they literally did was add a hiphop edge to 80s cartoons. Now TMNT and shyt got beatboxing and rapping on it.
What about the 90s X-Men and Batman tho?

SmokyQuartz

Young Skull
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
You're still naming and comparing 80's shows despite me telling you I wasn't alive during the 80s. I truly am posting with some touched mfs on this site.

You do realize I'm young enough to have watched all the shyt you mentioned right?

Samurai Jack was monster of the week shyt and didn't become story driven until it was rebooted....in 2017

TMNT was monster of the week with an occasional arc here or there...It was a wack show overall anyway.

Most TT episodes were one off/monster of the week.

Kim possible :laff: You went full retard on me. This is what happens when you be civil and throw nikkas a bone smh.
nikka look at the tittle of the thread and see what it says :skip:. Oh yea and Kim Possible got more of a story line in it then most of your 90s cartoons :mjlol:. Last point those shows have monster of the week episodes but the ovrall had a story to it. You telling me that Batman TAS was a monster of the week show:pachaha:?