1st Ever College Football Early Signing Day Period Dec 20-22:

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
Early signing period begins tomorrow. A lot of teams will sign a majority of their classes within the early signing period. What's yall thoughts on kids being able to sign within this period?

2018 Football Team Rankings
Ohio St
Texas
Georgia
Miami
Penn St round out the top 5 classes as of now. Expect some changes after Friday as some teams will have recruits flip and others will sign players to boast their class.

Last edited:

hood b. goode

shytposter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ProSports: NOLA. College: UMich. Europe: Arsenal
giphy.gif

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think it's a waste of time. Poor timing.....early signing period works better for basketball season. Bowl prep, coaching changes, etc....I expect to see a bunch of kids hold off and give their lead recruiter/coach a chance to host them for an official if they've moved to another job (Taggart, Pruitt, Frost, Jimbo, etc.) Also, unless you're concerned about not having a slot in a class, what's the incentive of signing early?

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
I think it's a waste of time. Poor timing.....early signing period works better for basketball season. Bowl prep, coaching changes, etc....I expect to see a bunch of kids hold off and give their lead recruiter/coach a chance to host them for an official if they've moved to another job (Taggart, Pruitt, Frost, Jimbo, etc.) Also, unless you're concerned about not having a slot in a class, what's the incentive of signing early?
The reason I think most are signing tomorrow is that the early signing period is so close to the regular signing period. In basketball the periods are November and April. There's damn near only a month difference between the football signing periods, which I have said is stupid. This probably hurts the all-american games a lot too because they bank on having a bunch of commitments announced during their games, but now with the early period, most who would have announced during those games are just signing tomorrow instead. Just look at Jackson Carman who had been saying he'd announce during the all-american game, now he's signing tomorrow. The recruiting calendar has been moved up until the NCAA maybe realizes the timing of this period is bad.

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
I was wondering if this thread was going to be made.

Most teams will have their classes signed tomorrow, no?
I believe so, but you will have some top recruits still waiting to announce at the Under Armor and Army All American games who will sign in Feb. Majority of recruits who already announced where they're going will sign this early period imo