2/10 ESPN: Jose Ramirez vs Jose Zepeda (WBC Super Lightweight Title)

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
That was a close one. All the things Ramirez needs to work on got exposed. This was a good fight for him. He needed this. His strength and conditioning coach is one of the best in this area and he needed all that conditioning this fight. I don’t think he’s ready for next level of fighter like Crawford but unifying is not out the realm.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
That was a close one. All the things Ramirez needs to work on got exposed. This was a good fight for him. He needed this. His strength and conditioning coach is one of the best in this area and he needed all that conditioning this fight. I don’t think he’s ready for next level of fighter like Crawford but unifying is not out the realm.
Has chance to bet the current champs, Baranchyk, Relikh and Hooker. Relikh and Baranchyk are still in the WBSS though but the 140 tourney might be off, we don't know it yet I hope it still happens.

That leaves Hooker but I doubt Hearn would just willingly pass Hooker to ESPN again to fight on enemy turf again. They did just that when Hooker had to fight Saucedo, his mandatory in Oklahoma but he got home with the win. I don't think they gonna be "yeah let's go to Fresno and fight Ramirez" right after that, it's also hard to imagine Arum letting Ramirez to fight Hooker on DAZN in Dallas or wherever.
Ramirez could fight Postol maybe that would be a good test.

The 2 best 140ers are Prograis and Taylor currently without belt but not for long imo if the WBSS goes on.

140 has some good under the radar contenders like Mimoune or Ulysse and it also had a bunch of up and coming prospects, like Ergashev (he's very good), Dadashev, Jukembayev, Matias, Heraldez, Catterall, Barboza, Gaibnazarov, Giyasov, Akhmedov, Vergil Ortiz...

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Yeah I Kinda was a little taken back he may wanna try a go at 147.

Bud would severely work Ramirez
UUmcN2w.png

Bud woulda ended it in 6 from the Ramirez i saw last night

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Ramirez is two fights in with Robert Garcia and he still doesn’t jab to setup his punches which is one of his biggest flaws. shyt the Garcia’s turned Maidana into a much btr boxer just off the strength of the jab.

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I think Plant/Uzi's Sunday rating was better but I didn't see a lot of promo for the Ramirez fight. Boxing needs more Sunday showcases in between the end of the NFL season/NBA playoffs instead of cramming everything in on Saturday night.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I think Plant/Uzi's Sunday rating was better but I didn't see a lot of promo for the Ramirez fight. Boxing needs more Sunday showcases in between the end of the NFL season/NBA playoffs instead of cramming everything in on Saturday night.

Agree...it will give something to watch consistently on Sundays until September