[2.25]*NEW*MURS- The Strangest

humble forever

All Star
Daps
big murs fan, was really bummed he didn't blow up mainstream but that's cuz that mtv commercial they gave him to blow up was wack as fukk...

mursday is one of my favorite albums of all time. i still play animal off murs and 9th sometimes. met him after a show and he was a real good dude, spent lots of time just mingling with his fans that stuck around

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
big murs fan, was really bummed he didn't blow up mainstream but that's cuz that mtv commercial they gave him to blow up was wack as fukk...

mursday is one of my favorite albums of all time. i still play animal off murs and 9th sometimes. met him after a show and he was a real good dude, spent lots of time just mingling with his fans that stuck around

I thought Murs had an opportunity too. He has a unique lane. I never heard him before 3:16 and honestly I haven't listened to much that he hasn't done with either 9th Wonder or Nottz. But he puts on a good live show, is a good dude, and he's got a lot of songs in his catalog that I like.

That 3:16 album was the definition of bad dealings with women turning someone out. It went from Bad Man and The Pain to Freak These Tales.

Daps
I thought Murs had an opportunity too. He has a unique lane. I never heard him before 3:16 and honestly I haven't listened to much that he hasn't done with either 9th Wonder or Nottz. But he puts on a good live show, is a good dude, and he's got a lot of songs in his catalog that I like.

That 3:16 album was the definition of bad dealings with women turning someone out. It went from Bad Man and The Pain to Freak These Tales.
known dude since the late 90s..

he never wanted to be mainstream.. just always wanted to do what he does now- make dope music, tour and have a loyal fan base..

and, getting a commercial on MTV ain't that difficult.. especially when his fam has been producing videos for years, as well as are the folks behind Rock The Bells..

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
known dude since the late 90s..

he never wanted to be mainstream.. just always wanted to do what he does now- make dope music, tour and have a loyal fan base..

and, getting a commercial on MTV ain't that difficult.. especially when his fam has been producing videos for years, as well as are the folks behind Rock The Bells..

That's really cool. I'd like to hear what he has to say about 9th. I've run into a lot of the people that came down to do albums with 9th, but I never ran into Murs. From what I've heard 9th say, they always fight and argue a lot, but are still really good friends.

I always like that Murs basically wants to be heavily produced. I don't know if Murs does this with other producers, but before he comes down, he has 9th pick the 10 beats for the project, so Murs doesn't even get a say. He just comes down and whatever 9th has picked, that's what they do. I've never heard of another rapper/producer duo doing that.

I know (for a lot of their music at least) that Guru picked the song titles ahead of time, and then Preem made the beats based on the titles, but that's the closest thing I've heard.

Daps
That's really cool. I'd like to hear what he has to say about 9th. I've run into a lot of the people that came down to do albums with 9th, but I never ran into Murs. From what I've heard 9th say, they always fight and argue a lot, but are still really good friends.

I always like that Murs basically wants to be heavily produced. I don't know if Murs does this with other producers, but before he comes down, he has 9th pick the 10 beats for the project, so Murs doesn't even get a say. He just comes down and whatever 9th has picked, that's what they do. I've never heard of another rapper/producer duo doing that.

I know (for a lot of their music at least) that Guru picked the song titles ahead of time, and then Preem made the beats based on the titles, but that's the closest thing I've heard.
don't know much about him & 9th recording process..

as for them clashing- their both strongly opinionated, so those kinda scenarios always take place in that kinda setting..

from what I understand, that's how Jay-Z, and Gucci Mane also work(have producers pick their beats beforehand)..

as far as the thread.. that MURS x Fashawn album has always been a personal classic.. great album..

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
don't know much about him & 9th recording process..

as for them clashing- their both strongly opinionated, so those kinda scenarios always take place in that kinda setting..

from what I understand, that's how Jay-Z, and Gucci Mane also work(have producers pick their beats beforehand)..

as far as the thread.. that MURS x Fashawn album has always been a personal classic.. great album..

Yeah you're right. They both are very type A personalities. I didn't know that about Gucci. I think it's cool when people trust producers like that. Jay does a mix of both. I know for beats like Kingdom Come, PSA, and Allure, it was basically like "You need to do this right here." I think So Ghetto from Premier was the same way.

He's also shot down a lot of pretty well known beats over the years that have been used by other people. You can see him listening to a lot of beats on that Black Album documentary and passing on them. Last Call produced by Evidence and Kanye West was a big one that he passed on. He passed on Lovin' It by Little Brother produced by 9th. Pump it Up by Joe Budden. Maybe even Oh Boy or Roc The Mic. Society is Brainwashed by Ill Bill produced by Premier was passed over during the American Gangster sessions.

I need to give that Fash and Murs album another spin. I only gave it a quick once over when it first came out. I definitely slept on it.

Daps
Yeah you're right. They both are very type A personalities. I didn't know that about Gucci. I think it's cool when people trust producers like that. Jay does a mix of both. I know for beats like Kingdom Come, PSA, and Allure, it was basically like "You need to do this right here." I think So Ghetto from Premier was the same way.

He's also shot down a lot of pretty well known beats over the years that have been used by other people. You can see him listening to a lot of beats on that Black Album documentary and passing on them. Last Call produced by Evidence and Kanye West was a big one that he passed on. He passed on Lovin' It by Little Brother produced by 9th. Pump it Up by Joe Budden. Maybe even Oh Boy or Roc The Mic. Society is Brainwashed by Ill Bill produced by Premier was passed over during the American Gangster sessions.

I need to give that Fash and Murs album another spin. I only gave it a quick once over when it first came out. I definitely slept on it.
I know Jay-Z passed up on Oh Boy.. didn't really know about the rest..

dont think I ever seen that documentary.. :ohhh:

yea.. peep that album.. I'm about to give a Ecology a thorough spin since I got the day off.. from what I heard, I liked so far..

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I been on Murs since 2003. Really solid rapper.

3:16 The 9th Edition is a UNDISPUTED CLASSIC.

It's my favorite out of their 4. That one and actually probably the newest one. I can't believe they did 4.

EDIT: 5? shyt. I always forget Sweet Lord.

My order is like this. But honestly Fornever and Murray's revenge are pretty much on the same level to me.

3:16
The Final Adventure
Murray's Revenge
Fornever
Sweet Lord