2 Chainz & Statik Selektah announce joint album — Statik says 2 Chainz is "rapping like he's from NY

LevelUp

🧞🪔 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙂𝙚𝙣𝙞𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙇𝙖𝙢𝙥 🧞🪔
Daps
Fans of Statik Selektah's "Smoke Break" featuring 2 Chainz are in store for quite a treat later this year.

According to the veteran producer—who announced a management deal with Roc Nation earlier today (May 25)—in addition to 2 Chainz' upcoming Pretty Girls Like Trap Music album—slated for release on June 16—the Atlanta rapper is planning on releasing a second project "very soon," which is produced in full by Statik.

"He's been killing features and his own records for a long time," Statik told Billboard. "When you hear these records, it's just so different. No one has ever done what he did with this project. First of all, he's rapping like he's from Brooklyn. It's just very New York. Basically, a down South guy made a New York album, so I'm excited for that."

Hold up. Did Statik just say that 2 Chainz is rapping over his beats like he's from Brooklyn?

Last week, in an interview with Genius, when engineer Alex Tumay was quoted as saying that one of Young Thug's recently-recorded 24-bar verses "sounded like Kendrick Lamar," the internet collectively laughed. Young Thug sounding like Kendrick? Nah, no way. But 2 Chainz rapping like he's from Brooklyn? Yeah, this I have to hear.

Statik went on to say that, while a title for their joint project has been decided, he will wait for 2 Chainz before making the announcement.

Statik Selektah Says 2 Chainz is “Rapping Like He’s From Brooklyn” on Joint LP - DJBooth

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
2 chainz is a great rapper and this post proves you don't listen to him

u right i don't listen to him that much, but i've heard verses from him where i was impressed. he also has a old song with Lloyd Banks & young Buck back from 2003 back when he was Tity Boi. i do know he was signed with Ludacris back in the days.