Statik Selektah Speaks On Akademiks : "When the fukk did we start letting clowns that don't know anything about hip-hop be in this shyt period "!!

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
It's not Akademiks.

It's the people who followed him on Twitch.

WHY don't people just admit that hip hop sucks because the fans suck. The DJ's, the people who stream this garbage, and the people who promote it.

Nobody knows a hot line if it smacked them in the face.

Studying lyrics is like going to school for most people and they get headaches trying to keep up. That's why you got reaction videos where it takes 20 minutes to get through a 4 minute song. nikkas is just stupid.

Akademiks is merely a biproduct of an ignorant fanbase.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Nah guru (gangstarr a lot of the milita even tho most people don’t rock with benzino)

Boston have some skin in the game

I never said Boston; I love bean town. You telling me Statik from Boston I never heard him rep it :francis:

LevelUp

Don't Like My Threads, Blow The Whistle
Daps
He asked Elliot Wilson to stop giving Akademiks a platform because he’s a nerd and not of the culture…think about that for a second, 🤣. If there is anyone out there cornier than Akademiks, it’s Elliot Wilson, 🤢. Look at him, listen to him, yuck, lol

Kanye spearheaded the cornball wave/takeover, this isn’t new. They’ve become the biggest sect in hip hop…especially online, can’t knock the hustle, Akademiks is their leader. 🤣, salute to him. Drake is another byproduct of Kanye opening the floodgates for cornballs to prosper in this..if you remember, Drake was basically a Kanye West replica on stage performing the first few years he got on, copied his whole mojo. All the dweebs should be thanking Kanye for giving them a lane
:francis:

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
I like his beats on Joey’s 2000 album :yeshrug:

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
I just think its an overall bad take by Statik

Its definitely a better time than when only the publications and writers controlled the narrative. Nyggas would be so angry at the magazines and it was nothing that could be done about it.

You can always just ignore an Akademiks or a Budden. Their opinions dont stick as much as the old days.

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Statin Selektah needs to shut the fukk up talking like he’s somebody important in this shyt. When he started speaking greasy about RZA to suck off Primo’s dikk for the Verzuz battle someone should’ve punched him in his face. His card has been revoked since then.

Akademiks is corny but he’s black so automatically Akademiks’ word holds more weight than Statik Selektah’s.
giphy.gif

Ak has continuously said the worst shyt and is terrible for the culture on all levels.

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
Ak has continuously said the worst shyt and is terrible for the culture on all levels.

:jbhmm:
The same culture that currently promotes gang culture, prostitute culture, xans & percs, disrespecting the dead, nail polish wearing males, on top of sounding half retarded on the mic? Mind you those are the rappers with the bigger influence then AK yet you think AK, who is a blogger not a rapper, is terrible for this already morally bankrupt rap music culture?

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
:jbhmm:
The same culture that currently promotes gang culture, prostitute culture, xans & percs, disrespecting the dead, nail polish wearing males, on top of sounding half retarded on the mic? Mind you those are the rappers with the bigger influence then AK yet you think AK, who is a blogger not a rapper, is terrible for this already morally bankrupt rap music culture?
IDK whatever culture that is, but I'm about Hip-Hop culture, and Ak is damn near the antithesis, promoting the garbage you mentioned.

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
IDK whatever culture that is, but I'm about Hip-Hop culture, and Ak is damn near the antithesis, promoting the garbage you mentioned.

If you don't know what culture that is I'm talking about then you must have just woken up from a 30 year coma because everything I just pointed out is the current state of hip hop.

Daps
Statik probably paid all of his dues but I just don't fukk with dude like that.

Like shut up. Them generic ass beats you be making :childplease:

:dahell:

Statik has produced BANGERS. Dude is dope and is actually a legit hip-hop historian. Nothing out of pocket at all about what he said, other than not also calling Drake out too.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
if that’s the issue…letting ppl in or whatever, there are a bunch of bigger fish to fry. a whole bunch of magazines, vlogs, blogs, podcasts…etc

never forget that top 50