20 Interesting Facts About Death Row Records.

Techniec

Drugs and Kalashnikovs
Daps
Reppin
W/S 416
1) Most of this is detailed more thoroughly (and more ACCURATELY) in the book "Have Gun, Will Travel: The Spectacular Rise and Violent Fall of Death Row Records" which, to me, is STILL the best "hip-hop book" ever written:

Have Gun Will Travel: Ronin Ro: 9780385491358: Amazon.com: Books

Ronin Ro, a former staff writer for The Source, wrote the book. He actually hung with them alot after he wrote that Source cover story where Dre has the gun to his own head.

2) For instance, in the book I just referenced, this right here:

.....isn't what started it. According to the book, it started when Jamerson first stepped to Quik OUTSIDE the building and called him a buster and a fake Blood, then stepped to him again inside the party. After the second incident inside, Quik ran and told Suge, and then next thing you know dude got stomped out. According to the book, it had nothing to do with Snoop.

Also:

3)

The book alludes to this, and Sam Sneed, even when pressed about what happened, to this day still refuses to say what happened. All he says is "they put their hands on me and I lost alot of respect for them". But it is widely rumored that he was raped.

Suge had this spot in the Death Row offices called "the back room"...that's where they took people who violated. They even kicked females' asses in there. According to the book, Suge took some fool in there DURING a business meeting with Warner Bros. corporate execs, and one of the corporate execs actually had to open the door and SAVE the guy being beaten inside.

Seriously, y'all should get that book. For crying out loud, it's only 84 cents on Amazon.com right now....

She wasn't really gonna drop any material. It was a ploy by Suge to get the DA off his ass....and it worked.

FIRST of all, "Funky Enough Records" wasn't Suge's label exclusively....it was conceived and owned by Dre, The D.O.C. and Suge all together (named after D.O.C.'s hit record). Then, when Suge (through David Kenner) went to Harry-O to get funding, it was called "Futureshock Records" before finally being called Death Row Records.

Didnt it also include dikk Griffin?

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
:mjpls: You wrote the book? lol...

LOL, I'm sayin'...shyt is a good read, f'real.

That is some disloyal shyt right? Why are you cosigning the gangster of the dude that probably murdered your big homey and giving him props :mindblown:...

::smugdraper:

nikkas dont read books :russ:

:snoop:

Didnt it also include dikk Griffin?

Yessir....then Suge g'ed him outta the picture later, lol....and you right, I read that the 60's put a hit out on Snoop for that, but that the REAL hit put out as a result of that night was on Quik, who started the whole shyts....said after he told Suge that dude had threatened him twice, Suge sent the goons over to dude WITH Quik, and as they stomped dude out Quik supposedly hit dude with a chair and that's why he was greenlighted.

...at least, that's what the book said. And Ronin Ro was there, supposedly....

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
7. The Hitmen
bloodsgang.jpg

Although Suge and Death Row claimed allegiance to the Lueder Park Bloods in Compton CA, Suge also assembled his own crew known as the M.O.B. He then formed his own personal team of ‘Hitmen’ comprised of 5 of the most dangerous figures of the crew. Tupac mentioned them on his 1996 hit ‘To Live and Die in L.A “Neckbone, Tre, Herron, Big Buntry too, Big Rock got knocked, but this one’s for you”

:beli: What idiot wrote this article? This is so wrong it's not even funny. MOB bloods and Lueders Park pirus been around long before Suge. and Suge is down wit MOB, not with those other guys.

big bun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lets See.

Suge Pays nearly $4Million in lawyer costs to help Snoop Dogg beat a murder trial

Puffy throws Shyne under the bus after SHYNE saved his life.

Suge took Pac to New York City in the height of the East/West beef with proper security i.e. 200 nikkas from Compton.

Puffy took Biggie to L.A. with Lil Cease and Lil Kim :stopitslime:

Suge employed and gave back to nikkas in his community
Puffy dont give a fukk about anyone but himself.

Suge is a man of principle, from a street level
Puffy is a leach.

Thank you.

Knee grows would rather hold on to lies and fantasy than accept the truth.

Bu bu bu Bad Boys move in silence, B!

Black Ant

Hunter-Gatherer
Daps
Reppin
a colony near you
16. Legal Corruption

larrylongoresize.jpg

Gina Longo was the first and only White artist ever signed to Death Row Records. Coincidentally or not, she was also the daughter of the same Los Angeles Prosecutor who was investigating Suge Knight for assault charges. The Prosecutor, Larry Longo, eventually dropped the charges after his daughter secured a recording contract with Death Row.

:heh:

LilJuicyTaco

Tha Sickest
Daps
I knew damn near all of this.

I want to hear more about the blood bible that was mentioned. Is it like a history of bloodin' or what?

Oh, bread n butter, this is why Pac wasn't afraid of Haitian Jack. Blood goons and Mob ties. Remember I said this the other day.

big bun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:beli: What idiot wrote this article? This is so wrong it's not even funny. MOB bloods and Lueders Park pirus been around long before Suge. and Suge is down wit MOB, not with those other guys.

:russ: yeah more than a few of those have wrong info or are just completely false.

wtfyomom

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lets See.

Suge Pays nearly $4Million in lawyer costs to help Snoop Dogg beat a murder trial

Suge took Pac to New York City in the height of the East/West beef with proper security i.e. 200 nikkas from Compton.

Puffy is a leach.
He was protecting his investments, he aint actually give a fuccck. bottom line nobody but Suge made money at DR

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
New York City
GOAT record label in the history of music

They had the greatest rapper ever, Mavaveli the Don 2pac in his prime, Dre, Snoop, MC Hammer, :wow:

The greatest Hip Hop albums ever, All eyes on me and 7 Day Theory was released on that record label :wow:

When Suge bailed out the GOAT from prison, Death Row was looking at these other rap kneegrows like :ufdup:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWbXQQG9B6c]2Pac - California Love [Original Version] - YouTube[/ame]

Throw it up Throw it up! I can't see ya! :pachaha:

They was untouchable back in the day, better than Bad Boy, G Unit The Roc, Young Money and all that :flabbynsick: shyt

:win:

Last edited by a moderator:

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
Lets See.

Puffy is a leach.

suge was man enough to sit in the car with pac and take his chances when he knew pac was about to get hit :ooh:

puffy hoe ass knew biggie was about to get hit and rode in a different whip all together :stopitslime:

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
bloodshed happen..kuz of eiht n quik fightin....not snoop flashin no sets...quik spoke on u'z a ganxta

quik was a suspect in biggie case.because he sold the impala..to a friend of the cat who shot biggie..