2013's Highest Paid Athletes

hood b. goode

shytposter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ProSports: NOLA. College: UMich. Europe: Arsenal
http://freshpostdaily.blogspot.ca/2014/02/10-highest-paid-atheletes-of-2013.html

#10: Zack Greinke – $29.02 Million (Los Angeles Dodgers) :mindblown:
zack.jpg

#9: Alex Rodriguez – $29.5 Million (New York Yankees):smugbiden:

arod.jpg

#8: Peyton Manning – $31 Million (Denver Broncos):mjlol:
peyton.jpg

#7: Derrick Rose – $33.4 Million (Chicago Bulls) :deadrose:
derrick.jpg

#6: Phil Mickelson – $39.5 Million (Golfer):ehh:
phil.jpg

superunknown23

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ehh:
Michael Jordan is ten years removed from the NBA and he still out-earns all of the world’s highest paid athletes.

Jordan earned an estimated $80 million last year from corporate partners Nike, Gatorade, Hanes, Upper Deck, 2K Sports, Presbyterian Healthcare and Five Star Fragrances. Other Jordan assets include six restaurants, a North Carolina car dealership, a motorsports team and his 80% stake in the Charlotte Bobcats.

The Jordan Brand, a division of Nike, is responsible for the vast majority of MJ’s earnings. Jordan partnered with Nike after being drafted by the Bulls out of North Carolina in 1984. The original five-year deal was worth $500,000 annually, plus royalties. The terms of Jordan’s current deal with Nike are a closely guarded secret, but royalties now generate more than $60 million annually for MJ, according to sources.

Nearly 30 years later, the brand is still a marketing juggernaut. It controlled 58% of the U.S. basketball shoe market in 2012, according to research firm SportsOneSource. The Jordan Brand’s parent, Nike, was second with a 34% share, while Adidas (5.5%), Reebok (1.6%) and Under Armour (0.6%) divvied up the leftovers.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbad...michael-jordan-still-earns-80-million-a-year/

Last edited:

bigmac

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
South London
These numbers are a little off.

I'm not even into NBA like that but I'm pretty sure that Kobe contract extension was a 2yr deal, not a one-year thing. He didn't collect all those M's this year. Those DRose numbers are a bit inflated too.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So you're telling me Kobe only makes 16 million in endorsements?

what an awful list with inaccurate numbers.

1 star

DaRock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
These numbers are a little off.

I'm not even into NBA like that but I'm pretty sure that Kobe contract extension was a 2yr deal, not a one-year thing. He didn't collect all those M's this year. Those DRose numbers are a bit inflated too.

Pretty sure those numbers also included endorsements...