2015: A top 10 Scifi Coli Odyssey ***VOTES TALLIED, LIST IS UP***

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I was going to tally up HM votes for the movies that are tied, and whichever got more HM will win the tie

what methodology do the brehs prefer?

see I don't necessarily like that because I didn't do any HM. Rarely do. And if not everyone did then that could skew the voting one way or another. I say either flip a coin OR just do tie breaker votes

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Official Top 10 Coli Sci-fi List

1. The Matrix

MOV_72ca1c72_b.jpg

2. Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back

Star-Wars-Episode-V-The-Empire-Strikes-Back-1980.jpg

3. Terminator 2

tumblr_llbery3r6D1qigm2g.jpg

4. 2001: A Space Odyssey

5150007350_3bbdb21994_z.jpg

5. Alien

20100429135446!Alien_movie_poster.jpg

6. Back To The Future
Back_to_the_Future_rerelease_movie_poster.jpg

7. Star Wars: A New Hope

6410893.jpg

8. Children of Men

The-Children-of-Men-picture.jpg

9. Minority Report

Minority_Report_Poster.jpg

10. John Carpenter's The Thing

5-the-thing.jpg

HM: Planet Of The Apes, Blade Runner, 12 Monkeys, Jurassic Park, Close Encounters of the Third Kind

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Official Top 10 Coli Sci-fi List

1. The Matrix

MOV_72ca1c72_b.jpg

2. Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back

Star-Wars-Episode-V-The-Empire-Strikes-Back-1980.jpg

3. Terminator 2

tumblr_llbery3r6D1qigm2g.jpg

4. 2001: A Space Odyssey

5150007350_3bbdb21994_z.jpg

5. Alien

20100429135446!Alien_movie_poster.jpg

6. Back To The Future
Back_to_the_Future_rerelease_movie_poster.jpg

7. Star Wars: A New Hope

6410893.jpg

8. Children of Men

children_of_men_ver3_xlg.jpg

9. Minority Report

minority_report.jpg

10. John Carpenter's The Thing

5-the-thing.jpg

HM: Planet Of The Apes, Blade Runner, 12 Monkeys, Jurassic Park, Close Encounters of the Third Kind

:salute: good work breh. Some of your images aren't showing though, just a heads up. Matrix is always crushing buildings

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
:salute: good work breh. Some of your images aren't showing though, just a heads up. Matrix is always crushing buildings
the images should be showing now, please let me know if they're still fukking up.

Yeah, for some reason I was really surprised to see The Matrix get so many votes, I mean, it's one of my favorite movies, but I wasn't sure that everyone loved it as much as me

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I think this is a pretty good list, the only thing I'd probably change is drop a new hope, move everything else up one and put planet of the apes at 10 just for the sake of diversity

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Images are straight now. I think the matrix being on this list and our greatest movies of all time list just shows how dope of a film it really is and how people can separate bad movies from a trilogy and not feel like it diminishes the good movies of a trilogy. Someone on the board said once that the matrix trilogy is looked at as classic now and I:dwillhuh: because I've never heard that anywhere at anytime in life. But the first one is undoubtedly a classic and has stood the test of time. Shyt will be 20 years old in 4 years:damn:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Images are straight now. I think the matrix being on this list and our greatest movies of all time list just shows how dope of a film it really is and how people can separate bad movies from a trilogy and not feel like it diminishes the good movies of a trilogy. Someone on the board said once that the matrix trilogy is looked at as classic now and I:dwillhuh: because I've never heard that anywhere at anytime in life. But the first one is undoubtedly a classic and has stood the test of time. Shyt will be 20 years old in 4 years:damn:
I think what makes the matrix so universally loved is that, on one hand is a very intelligent, cerebral mind fukk scifi, but then it has INCREDIBLE action and fight scenes, the cerebral mind fukk draws me in and the action is a cherry on top of the cake, but for a lot of more casual viewers the action is what really drew them in. The execution of the ideas to the screen is fukking perfection. I still like the matrix reloaded a lot, and obviously revolutions is :trash:

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
The Matrix is #1??? :krs:

:ohlawd:Back To The Future barely making the Top 5.

:obama:Children of Men really getting love on The Coli. I watched it a few times when it came out, but got tired of it. Still a Top 10 sci fi, but putting it above Minority Report:ufdup:.
:to:Jurassic Park not making the Top 10.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I think what makes the matrix so universally loved is that, on one hand is a very intelligent, cerebral mind fukk scifi, but then it has INCREDIBLE action and fight scenes, the cerebral mind fukk draws me in and the action is a cherry on top of the cake, but for a lot of more casual viewers the action is what really drew them in. The execution of the ideas to the screen is fukking perfection. I still like the matrix reloaded a lot, and obviously revolutions is :trash:

Reloaded is fun, Revolutions is boring and trash

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
List fatigue breh. Plus some people lamed out when they realized their picks weren't making lists. :whoknows:
yeah there were a lot of movies that got like 1 to 5 votes but didn't make enough lists to actually crack the top 10, the top 10 lists are always going to be somewhat predictable