2017 XXL FRESHMEN Class Cover Out Now

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
Come on now ya'll in here wilding. Goldlink was on the list two years ago with Glizzy.
Honest mistake I ain't know .

XXLFreshmen2015Cover-1080-670x910.jpeg

Still no money bags yo and cardi .

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Honest mistake I ain't know .

XXLFreshmen2015Cover-1080-670x910.jpeg

Still no money bags yo and cardi .

Damn this was a pretty weak class too. I remember Fetty Wap have like 4 songs in the top 10, K Camp having 2 hits, OG Maco having a hit more due to a vine more than the song itself, Dej Loaf having a hit, and 50 Cent somehow strong-arming Kidd Kidd on there, even though Kidd Kidd has been on the radar for like 12 years, if not more. The rest I can only identify from BET Jams.

SHAQAVELLI

We Are Penn State
Daps
Reppin
PA
Damn that list makes me feel out of touch with today's hip hop. I only heard of A Boogie and Xxx (because he got knocked out and has some weirdo songs)...and I think I've seen some threads about PNB Rock.

I mean, Kendrick Lamar, Migos, Future, Schoolboy Q, Travis Scott, Lupe Fiasco, Curren$y, J. Cole, Wiz Khalifa, Big KRIT, French Montana, Freddie Gibbs, Big Sean, YG came out of these XXL covers. But the last few years been :scusthov: to me

straightcash

All Star
Daps
Damn that list makes me feel out of touch with today's hip hop. I only heard of A Boogie and Xxx (because he got knocked out and has some weirdo songs)...and I think I've seen some threads about PNB Rock.

I mean, Kendrick Lamar, Migos, Future, Schoolboy Q, Travis Scott, Lupe Fiasco, Curren$y, J. Cole, Wiz Khalifa, Big KRIT, French Montana, Freddie Gibbs, Big Sean, YG came out of these XXL covers. But the last few years been :scusthov: to me

Dumb list ain't been relevant since 2013.

Some "Freshman" list.. where more than half the guys flop or disappear.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps

SHAQAVELLI

We Are Penn State
Daps
Reppin
PA
6LACK is the only new rapper I've been put onto the last year. I like him. He should have made it, no?

SHAQAVELLI

We Are Penn State
Daps
Reppin
PA
Those first few years, literally EVERYONE is still doing well ... or had a nice little independent career for some time :wow:

Only straight up flops I see are Donnis (2010) and Fred the Godson (2011) and Angel Haze (2013). Even Lil Twist stay relevant because of Wayne.

I'll even give 2014 a pass because of Chance, Ty$, etc.

But 2015 IMO is where it started going downhill: Raury, Shy Glizzy, Tink, Goldlink??? Who??? And Kidd Kidd? The same dude from Mrs. Officer in 2007 lol :why:

More of a reflection of hip-hop than XXL ... in my eyes at least.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
6LACK is the only new rapper I've been put onto the last year. I like him. He should have made it, no?

He definitely could have been on there in place of Kap G or Ugly God. I can't say Anime, cause I've never heard of him before the cover, yet a lot of people in this thread have mentioned how he is "one of the only talented ones" on this cover.

Also agree about the post afterwards. It's like year by year, they conveniently sprinkled in some subpar/trash on each cover (most notably after 2010), then next thing you know, you look up and trash permeated the entire cover.

desp

SO MUCH FUN
Daps
He definitely could have been on there in place of Kap G or Ugly God. I can't say Anime, cause I've never heard of him before the cover, yet a lot of people in this thread have mentioned how he is "one of the only talented ones" on this cover.

Also agree about the post afterwards. It's like year by year, they conveniently sprinkled in some subpar/trash on each cover (most notably after 2010), then next thing you know, you look up and trash permeated the entire cover.
Amine got on the list because this song blew up last year (166+ mil views so far)