King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
Everyone will, especially by taking DNC money. You also don’t run a multimillion dollar national campaign on the backs of small donors :beli:

Yeah, Liz has the most progressive campaign finance position of anyone running. It's not just refusing to take PAC money, she's not doing expensive-entry fundraisers, phone calls with wealthy donors, or taking any lobbyist money. No special access as she grows and crafts her campaign. As far as I know, not even Bernie has made these pledges. The primary vs general distinction is important because there is just no feasible way to bankroll a general election campaign without engaging in certain financial practices. Bernie has an incredible grass roots army, but he would get absolutely financially obliterated if he tries this in the general. Which is why he hasn't made any pledge to refuse corporate or big money donations in the general, he's not an idiot. But I keep seeing Liz's stance her used against her by some on twitter, which is just another way in which Liz has to work twice as hard to get half as far. :francis:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Everyone who is running...whoever wins the nom will be a recipient of corporate money in the general
OK, I believe the question in the post you quoted was about what corporations will donate to Liz. And like you said their is a difference between your campaign and what the DNC does for you.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
OK, I believe the question in the post you quoted was about what corporations will donate to Liz. And like you said their is a difference between your campaign and what the DNC does for you.
There isn’t. You can spin it however you like to make you feel better - whoever wins the nomination will be taking corporate money

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
There isn't a difference between your campaign contributions and the DNC's? Who is really spinning it to make themselves feel better?
so the DNC gives you the corporate money they've collected on your behalf, ya know, the democratic nominee, but it's not corporate money you're taking because it went through an extra bank account before hitting your campaign account? :jbhmm: that's what you're rolling with :usure:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
so the DNC gives you the corporate money they've collected on your behalf, ya know, the democratic nominee, but it's not corporate money you're taking because it went through an extra bank account before hitting your campaign account? :jbhmm: that's what you're rolling with :usure:
What that's not the fact of the matter? If you didn't collect it directly, you are less beholden to the donor.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
What that's not the fact of the matter? If you didn't collect it directly, you are less beholden to the donor.
The money is given to the party, no matter the nominee, the party is beholden to the company.

Just because you didn't get the $200M from Tim Cook personally doesn't mean you can tell him to kick rocks when the corporate tax conversation comes up.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
The money is given to the party, no matter the nominee, the party is beholden to the company.

Just because you didn't get the $200M from Tim Cook personally doesn't mean you can tell him to kick rocks when the corporate tax conversation comes up.
Word? Why not? What are the consequences of telling him to kick rocks?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
:mjlol:

so if your grandma writes you a check for your birthday but your mom has to cash it for you to give you the cash, you send a thank you card to your mom....got it
In the case we are talking about grandma didn't write me a check she wrote my Mom one. And then Mom gave the funds to me due to me winning a competition amongst my siblings. So yeah if I write a thank you it will be to my Mom. :francis: