21-year-old college student might score movie deal before her first book gets published

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
"two teen girls fighting on opposite sides in a futuristic society fall in love"

Everything has to be gay these days huh:snoop:

This the trend now, literally every show I watch has a very young girl (teenager/early 20s) that is gay/bi.

I watched this show on Netflix called Feel Good, thinking it was funny because it was rated so high.

No it is not funny, I was like :beli: the whole episode. And the main character is an actual comedian in real life. :what:

Minority gay female characters are a gold mine. Hit a couple of demographics at the same time.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
She clearly has parents or family members who are connected

:camby:
Seems mixed with cac and rice cac. They will of course support their own so this ain't a shock to me :yeshrug: theyll give a disrespectful teenager a record deal and millions of dollars before they put on a black artist who has honed his craft with years of practice

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
I’m not saying she doesn’t deserve it but I’m sure the fact it’s alphabet gang helped more than the plot itself. I hope it goes well though, nice to see creatives escape the rat race.

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
Biracial (Asian/White) breh. Fully white writers still get preference over any writers of color. Plus, when's the last time someone had a book written in high school published since The Outsiders? I wrote a couple short novels and poems my junior year of high school and every agent rejected it. I ain't mad though. My Great American Novel is still in the works:mjlit:
Nah you just have low self esteem and a victim mentality

If you had applied yourself like this girl did you would have been successful too :troll:

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
Nah you just have low self esteem and a victim mentality

If you had applied yourself like this girl did you would have been successful too :troll:
Idk man. I really think my books and poetry are just not good enough. I went to writer's workshop for help but it ain't just hitting. I see stories like hers to be a inspiration and not just seeing competition.