Reppin
NULL
A woman
living alone

Seven stories of solitude during the coronavirus, from ages 24 to 86
Story by Caroline Kitchener
Illustrations by Olivia Waller
April 15, 2020

The last time a virus forced Americans indoors, women did not go inside alone.

When the 1918 flu pandemic started to spread, the average American woman got married at 21. Most went straight from their parents’ home to their husband’s; others spent a few years at a boardinghouse full of women their age, working in shops and factories as they awaited their proposals. A woman rarely made enough money to live by herself.

The novel coronavirus has confined many women to a very different living situation: Today approximately 23.5 million American women live alone, more than ever before. That’s largely because we’re staying single longer. The average woman now waits until she’s 28 to get married. More women are getting divorced or opting out of marriage altogether.

Women who live alone are not necessarily lonely. Over the past few decades, women without partners or roommates have triumphed by developing “strong social networks,” says Stephanie c00ntz, author of “Marriage: A History.” When women live alone, they invest in their hobbies and maintain friendships, studies show, building connections with other people more effectively than men.

“I saw more people every day when I was single than I do as a married person,” Rebecca Traister writes in her book “All the Single Ladies.” Before she met her husband, she spent more nights out, went to more baseball games, more concerts. There was always someone around.

more at Before we continue... - The Lily

:picard:

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
They're alone but best believe they could get d1ck tonight with a click of a app

On the internet, I see too many men talk about going months/ years without even a text message... mufukkas go on Tinder and only get bots:deadmanny:

Somebody has to do a study on this . Theres a huge disconnect here that doesnt make sense to me. How is there lonely men AND women

Ashley Banks

All I ever wanted was the world
Daps
We can live with being single and alone tho.

so can women men just have convinced themselves that we need them to be happy because they need us.How many lonely men have become serial killers, rapists, mass shooters, frequent prostitutes, are literally in women’s dms BEGGING to take them on dated because they couldn’t get a woman? How many women?

Last edited: