25 People Shot at D.C Block Party

Jimmy from Linkedin

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Managing Director at Breh & Breh, Inc
What charges can they put on him. If he went through the proper channels to throw the Block party.

He didn't shoot anyone
I think because he advertised it with his business account then different monetary charges could be placed. The fact that there was alcohol, and if it were the situation that was described earlier in the thread, that there was a fight that broke out, maybe charges could be contrived about him being negligent to the people expecting a reasonable assumption of safety or something.

I'm not a lawyer though, @Nicole0416 @Stringer Cochran what yall think

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I think because he advertised it with his business account then different monetary charges could be placed. The fact that there was alcohol, and if it were the situation that was described earlier in the thread, that there was a fight that broke out, maybe charges could be contrived about him being negligent to the people expecting a reasonable assumption of safety or something.

I'm not a lawyer though, @Nicole0416 @Stringer Cochran what yall think
That’s a reach with criminal negligence. This was a planned public party- the party participants assumed the individual risks/responsibility with their attendance. If he has no connection to the person who committed the crime and didn’t have any prior association with the shooter, then he cannot foresee any criminal intent (the shooting). Or unless the police can trace that he received prior warning that a shooting would took place (text, Phone call/email between the host and the perpetrator or anyone linked to the perpetrator(s)). I’m not a criminal defense lawyer or prosecutor, but I know they can’t just contrive criminal charges off circumstantial evidence or hearsay. As far as civil damages (attendees sue the host)- not likely. Did he own the venue? Did the shooting take place outside or indoors? Were there maximum occupancy notices for the venue?

Unless Maryland (was this Maryland or in directly in DC?) has a restriction on maximum occupancy for large gatherings during Covid. That reasonable assumption would put the burden of proof on the prosecutor for negligence in reference to safety hazards (fire escape, entry and exit doors), not for a drive by shooting on an outdoor/indoor public gathering. The shooter never exited the vehicle?

Didn’t read through this case or the entire thread to know details but was it mentioned that a police officer was on the scene for security purposes?