250 kids received glasses at my H.S. for the 1st time, (effects of poverty)

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
I don't have kids, but do public schools still have those vision/hearing and scoliosis tests? They'd come around once a year IIRC

Cause this sounds like a byproduct of that.

valet

The official Chaplin of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I don't have kids, but do public schools still have those vision/hearing and scoliosis tests? They'd come around once a year IIRC

Cause this sounds like a byproduct of that.
Yeah, They had them when I was kid. I haven't seen that in a minute in school. Only consistent service I've seen is free dental.

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
In case anybody would like to donate. You will be helping out Black children. I am a witness

:salute:

Brandon M.

City of Angels
Daps
There is a whole spectrum of what entails needing corrective lenses breh.

Many people who do need glasses see well enough that they don't realize they need them....and overlook eye strain symptoms as just "normal" occurrences.
250 tho? why is everyones
eyes so fukked up ?

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
250 tho? why is everyones
eyes so fukked up ?

Think about it like this.... These kids made it all the way to HS without glasses,In an ideal situation these kids should've had glasses in Elementary school.

The question you should be asking is why 250 households in that area do not have access to proper healthcare and how many more have made it to adulthood without it.

valet

The official Chaplin of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Last day they are doing eye exams. After this it's a wrap

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Poverty can be debilitating when it has taken over your mind. Some people feel like they deserve nothing and I’ve come across these people irl. For someone to think they are unworthy of a better life is saddening. There’s a lot of mental wellness that needs to take among society as a whole, but definitely in impoverished places.