2TB PS5 SSD $180 on Amazon for prime day!

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Is it me, or is 2TB not enough? I got 2 TB now and I'm thinking I should've gotten 4. I mean we are talking about a 5 year generation. Then we got PSVR2 coming.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
No. No it’s not lol. How you gonna tell me how much I need? It’s year 2 and these shyts already filled up. I got 2 new games every month. 2k 200 gigs, call of duty 200 gigs, horizon type games 100 gigs and change.

Ain’t no way we getting to year 5-6 without this being fukking annoying. Especially if you have kids who also need their games on there
Realistically a PS5's internal storage and even a 1TB drive is enough to hold probably 10-12 games. You could have Call of Duty and 2K on the PS5's built in storage and still fit Horizon on that and there's still the 1TB drive totally free.

From there storage issues will only pop up if one doesn't actively manage the storage. For $200 at Best Buy you can get a 14TB external drive and use it for cold storage of games that aren't actively played. A 4TB internal is gonna cost more than both those other drives combined and leave you with less total storage at 4TBs vs 15TBs total. All the 4TB gets you is the ability to have games sitting on PS5 internal storage that probably aren't being played.

Considering you can move games at 1GB per 8 seconds between drives its like 2 minutes to move a Resident Evil sized game from the external to the internal.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Is it me, or is 2TB not enough? I got 2 TB now and I'm thinking I should've gotten 4. I mean we are talking about a 5 year generation. Then we got PSVR2 coming.
You're talking about years of storage. The internal storage is better used for games you're actually playing at the time. Are you realistically juggling 10 games all at once? Sony lets you transfer PS5 games to an external drive for long term storage. Instead of deleting games you can move them off the internal storage with done. That way if you do ever decide to play them again even years later it's a 2-4 minute transfer instead of way longer redownloading them.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
No. No it’s not lol. How you gonna tell me how much I need? It’s year 2 and these shyts already filled up. I got 2 new games every month. 2k 200 gigs, call of duty 200 gigs, horizon type games 100 gigs and change.

Ain’t no way we getting to year 5-6 without this being fukking annoying. Especially if you have kids who also need their games on there
I got like 40 games on my ps5 and still got room. :unimpressed:

Realistically, there's never a time when one is going to play them all at once. It's nothing to delete games at that point. It's a whole lot difference than running off the stock ssd.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Realistically a PS5's internal storage and even a 1TB drive is enough to hold probably 10-12 games. You could have Call of Duty and 2K on the PS5's built in storage and still fit Horizon on that and there's still the 1TB drive totally free.

From there storage issues will only pop up if one doesn't actively manage the storage. For $200 at Best Buy you can get a 14TB external drive and use it for cold storage of games that aren't actively played. A 4TB internal is gonna cost more than both those other drives combined and leave you with less total storage at 4TBs vs 15TBs total. All the 4TB gets you is the ability to have games sitting on PS5 internal storage that probably aren't being played.

Considering you can move games at 1GB per 8 seconds between drives its like 2 minutes to move a Resident Evil sized game from the external to the internal.
I think you just won me over. For real. That was a damn good argument to everything I planned on doing

In reality I thought the 4tb would be 200-300 by now and I’ve been holding out cause they’ve been out of stock. But for 2 hard drives and 15tb, oh we good!!

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I got like 40 games on my ps5 and still got room. :unimpressed:

Realistically, there's never a time when one is going to play them all at once. It's nothing to delete games at that point. It's a whole lot difference than running off the stock ssd.
I have 32 games on my PS5 right now but the actual games that say PS5 are:
FF7 Remake
Deathloop
Astro's Playroom
Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart
NBA 2K22
Madden NFL 22
Horizon Forbidden West
Cyberpunk 2077
Monarch
Grand Theft Auto V
Relayer
So 11 PS5 game and the rest are PS4 games. I still have 500GBs left. I'm not even playing Madden or 2K anymore. All I have is the 1TB expansion and the 667GB built in storage.

People don't really need all this storage they just want to have any game they ever get the urge to play sitting on the hard drive ready to boot. That's very costly to do. A 4TB drive cost damn near what the system does.

Like I said you can get a 1TB internal and 14TBs of cold storage for less that a 4TB internal. Realistically if people kept just the games they were playing actively on that 1.6TBs they'd be fine.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Deal of the day for Prime Members: SAMSUNG 980 PRO SSD with Heatsink 2TB PCIe Gen 4 NVMe M.2 Internal Solid State Hard Drive, Heat Control, Max Speed, PS5 Compatible, MZ-V8P2T0CW https://a.co/d/6URLnrv

$209 for 2tb. 48% off

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Best buy and new egg have the same deal I believe. And you can get the WD 2tb for $2 more.