3/20 DAZN: Maurice Hooker vs Vergil Ortiz Jr.

Who Wins?

• Hooker KO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hooker Decision

• Hooker-Ortiz Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I'm looking towards Crawford's feints as being the key to upsetting Ortiz's power, and I'm also curious to see just how big of a welterweight Ortiz truly is. I know he's got power, but I'm not convinced he's got the size to outright bully the opposition at 47, and expect Crawford to engage in a lot of clinching/wrestling early.

The fight is intriguing because of Crawford's willingness to trade, and his questionable chin, but I'd bet on Crawford being great that night.

Ortiz took a lot of punishment against a game, but ultimately overmatched Hooker. What happens when he's facing a fighter with greater pop than Hooker, and a fighter who has the IQ to not let you off the hook when you're trying to take rounds off?

We finally get to see Crawford against a pressure fighter with pop, too. Golden Boy might've just thrown Arum and Crawford a lifesaver by hyping a fight with Ortiz.:ehh:

Bud stops Ortiz... A Flanagan N Saucedo W is what rates Hooker :usure:

Ortiz doesn’t beat any of the top guys yet... was open for uppercuts all night

DLH being a broke bytch goin ruin dudes progress... I’m GBP 3 more fights at minimum before I throw him in there with Bud

I want him in there with a Josesito Lopez type... better yet Granados tough af only been stopped by Swift...then I’m calling up Mean Machine :mjgrin:... then I’m putting him in with a southpaw his last fight then we making the Bud fight

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Crawford's smartest gameplan is to have the same gameplan he had with Postol, I'm being completely serious when I say if he starts trading with Ortiz he will get his ass kicked.

Ortiz ate too many punches for me... Bud is hiding China tho

Virgil Ortiz with 2-3 more fights under his belt I’m giving him the nod... to me he not ready yet still hasn’t been passed 7 round

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Crawford's smartest gameplan is to have the same gameplan he had with Postol, I'm being completely serious when I say if he starts trading with Ortiz he will get his ass kicked.

The thing is that i don't think Crawford is limited to an "either or" situation... Crawford can transition between defense and offense fluidly.

Ortiz basically got to lean on Hooker's suspect chin and weaker frame tonight. He's got power, but he's going to have to do a better job of setting up his shots if he wants to have any success at the championship level.

I actually forgot Robert Garcia was his trainer, i figured Ortiz was working strictly with his father. I expected a much more refined performance than the one we got from Ortiz tonight.

Last edited:

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Ortiz ate too many punches for me... Bud is hiding China tho

Virgil Ortiz with 2-3 more fights under his belt I’m giving him the nod... to me he not ready yet still hasn’t been passed 7 round

Crawford gone be damn near as old as Prograis by the time Ortiz gets 2-3 more fights though.:francis:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
The thing is that i don't think Crawford is limited to an "either or" situation... Crawford can transition between defense and offense fluidly.

Ortiz basically got to lean on Hooker's suspect chin and weaker frame tonight. He's got power, but he's going to have to do a better job of setting up his shots if he wants to have any success at the championship level.

I actually forgot Robert Garcia was his trainer, i figured Ortiz was working strictly with his father. I expected a much more refined performance than the one we got from Ortiz tonight.
Crawford gets hit too much...somebody is knock him on his ass if they got any kind of decent speed and combination ability. He gets hit with str8 rights alot..then Brook worked a jab on him.

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Yeah I wouldn’t say he “ruins” Ortiz but he ain’t ready and I don’t see him beating Crawford is too crafty and would probably figure him out after 3-4 rounds. And either cruises to a UD or gets Ortiz out late. That defense has a lot to be desired and he gets hit way too much for my liking.

How do you see that fight going?
Bud gettin his ass outta there in 3 at most

3rd 4th and some of the 5th hooker was buzzing him rocking him but letting him gain composure vs lettin em go

ugas Spence n Crawford hell porter would be on his ass

mo boxing iq is not all the way there bojack was tellin him shyt .. u shouldn’t have tell former champs

ortiz fights jus like Mikey except with cleaner combos

the only true difference between Mikey n Vergil .. u never really seen Mikey scared up or any battle damage ugas Spence n Crawford would shut that muhfukkas eyes up

shyt if he wants the fights now let em go .: he will drop down in weight quik

boots will make that boy question his future

he would give lightweights hell