3/26 PBC on SHO: Tim Tszyu vs Terrell Gausha / Michel Rivera vs Joseph Adorno

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
First time seeing Tszyu fight a full fight. I’ve only see highlights of his fights, and he’s a lot more crude than I expected. A guy like Gausha gives up ground so easily that you can get lulled into just running in on some Bald Bull shyt; but Tszyu’s defensive soundness, how square and available he is to be hit, some of the poor footwork —surprised me. For a guy that has been boxing for essentially all his life, his defensive orientation from where punches/counters are going to come from when you throw certain punches is well below average. He doesn’t have that defensive “punch sixth sense.” How far he goes will really come down to how resistant his chin is if this is his how he fights going forward.

Agree. He's so often in the firing line unnecessarily. It's a walk forward style with minimal movement laterally, acceptable if you have Tank/Canelo punch power/head movement/anticpation/innate, learned mechanics. Tsyzu doesn't have this, has power, but his power is strong without being blistering/erase the mistakes strong.

Low amount of amateur fights is his curse, he is a wear them down fighter, but without the balance or grace of say a Mungiua, shyt, even Spence.

Can get a title, but can get wiped out in the process. I guess that makes for entertaining fights.